newbie here- looking for boat >

newbie here- looking for boat

Notices

newbie here- looking for boat

Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie here- looking for boat

I'm looking at glastron carlson boats, like the 20' csx i/o models. are these a nice boat . and where can I find some to possibly buy, thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are looking at Carlson, you should also take a look at Skater. Maybe a 36' with LSx power might work well for you?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
If you are looking at Carlson, you should also take a look at Skater. Maybe a 36' with LSx power might work well for you?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

HAHAHA! A Skater is in a little different league than a Carlson - no matter how nice a CVX may be.

I have a couple Carlsons and they are great looking, timeless boats that run great on small lakes with little to no chop. If you are going to be on a body of water with a lot of wind or boat wake, look at something else. That said, a CVX 20 in good shape will last for years and would be a great boat to start out with.

I would really look at the condition of the metalflake on these boats - it's really nice when it looks good and really trashy when it's faded out. The transom is another place to really look over as well as these boats are 30 years old now and some are really wet. Both my Ski Machine and CV23 have been great boats and we have thousands of hours on them.

Best of luck in your hunt for one. Check out Classic Glaston Owners forum for more info.

Joe Z
Old 10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Default Dosage

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Check your meds for the day something has gone way wrong!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
The funny eluded you
Old 10-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
Hes refering to another post this guy made earlier
Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 10-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zdek
HAHAHA! A Skater is in a little different league than a Carlson - no matter how nice a CVX may be.

I have a couple Carlsons and they are great looking, timeless boats that run great on small lakes with little to no chop. If you are going to be on a body of water with a lot of wind or boat wake, look at something else. That said, a CVX 20 in good shape will last for years and would be a great boat to start out with.

I would really look at the condition of the metalflake on these boats - it's really nice when it looks good and really trashy when it's faded out. The transom is another place to really look over as well as these boats are 30 years old now and some are really wet. Both my Ski Machine and CV23 have been great boats and we have thousands of hours on them.

Best of luck in your hunt for one. Check out Classic Glaston Owners forum for more info.

Joe Z
thanks Joe, I found a very nice 20, the green metalflake looks super, they are a great lake boat
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

hey if your talkin Glastron theres only one . . . . . the Scimitar, anything with fine Corinthian leather seats, metalflake and T tops gotta be cool. Man if i had a Cordoba with a trailer hitch I'd be all over one of these babys

Course now that i think about it lots of Glasstrons were cool . . . . Bonds boat he did the jump in in Live and Let Die as well as the boat he had in Moonraker . . . . . the original Batboat . . . . .
Attached Thumbnails newbie here- looking for boat-scim.jpg   newbie here- looking for boat-scim2.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-12-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.