Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   newbie here- looking for boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/263772-newbie-here-looking-boat.html)

missy 10-09-2011 04:42 PM

newbie here- looking for boat

I'm looking at glastron carlson boats, like the 20' csx i/o models. are these a nice boat . and where can I find some to possibly buy, thanks

RT930turbo 10-12-2011 03:32 PM

If you are looking at Carlson, you should also take a look at Skater. Maybe a 36' with LSx power might work well for you?

Crossett 10-12-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by RT930turbo (Post 3525714)
If you are looking at Carlson, you should also take a look at Skater. Maybe a 36' with LSx power might work well for you?

:party-smiley-004:

zdek 10-12-2011 03:49 PM

HAHAHA! A Skater is in a little different league than a Carlson - no matter how nice a CVX may be.

I have a couple Carlsons and they are great looking, timeless boats that run great on small lakes with little to no chop. If you are going to be on a body of water with a lot of wind or boat wake, look at something else. That said, a CVX 20 in good shape will last for years and would be a great boat to start out with.

I would really look at the condition of the metalflake on these boats - it's really nice when it looks good and really trashy when it's faded out. The transom is another place to really look over as well as these boats are 30 years old now and some are really wet. Both my Ski Machine and CV23 have been great boats and we have thousands of hours on them.

Best of luck in your hunt for one. Check out Classic Glaston Owners forum for more info.

Joe Z

golfmaxgolf 10-12-2011 03:54 PM

Dosage

Originally Posted by RT930turbo (Post 3525714)

Check your meds for the day something has gone way wrong!

Crossett 10-12-2011 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf (Post 3525729)

The funny eluded you

29 sst 10-12-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf (Post 3525729)

Hes refering to another post this guy made earlier

RT930turbo 10-12-2011 04:22 PM

:ernaehrung004:

missy 10-12-2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by zdek (Post 3525723)
HAHAHA! A Skater is in a little different league than a Carlson - no matter how nice a CVX may be.

I have a couple Carlsons and they are great looking, timeless boats that run great on small lakes with little to no chop. If you are going to be on a body of water with a lot of wind or boat wake, look at something else. That said, a CVX 20 in good shape will last for years and would be a great boat to start out with.

I would really look at the condition of the metalflake on these boats - it's really nice when it looks good and really trashy when it's faded out. The transom is another place to really look over as well as these boats are 30 years old now and some are really wet. Both my Ski Machine and CV23 have been great boats and we have thousands of hours on them.

Best of luck in your hunt for one. Check out Classic Glaston Owners forum for more info.

Joe Z

thanks Joe, I found a very nice 20, the green metalflake looks super, they are a great lake boat

glassdave 10-12-2011 04:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hey if your talkin Glastron theres only one . . . . . the Scimitar, anything with fine Corinthian leather seats, metalflake and T tops gotta be cool. Man if i had a Cordoba with a trailer hitch I'd be all over one of these babys :D

Course now that i think about it lots of Glasstrons were cool . . . . Bonds boat he did the jump in in Live and Let Die as well as the boat he had in Moonraker . . . . . the original Batboat . . . . . :D