Florida Boaters Rescued: 7 Treading Water For 20 Hours Found Off Florida Keys >

Florida Boaters Rescued: 7 Treading Water For 20 Hours Found Off Florida Keys

Notices

Florida Boaters Rescued: 7 Treading Water For 20 Hours Found Off Florida Keys

Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Florida Boaters Rescued: 7 Treading Water For 20 Hours Found Off Florida Keys

The details of this disaster aren't entirely out yet, but it's a miracle that there weren't more casualties!

Who would let a 4 year old on their boat without immediately strapping on a life jacket? (!) Not to mention having them readily available for everyone else.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Story here

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44840738/ns/us_news-life/
Old 10-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

What a story of survival, lucky that there wasn't more casualties and just maybe the elderly lady might of survived if she had a life jacket.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 579 Likes on 239 Posts

No big deal to them . The last time they were boating there was 28 people in the boat with no life jackets and they were in the straits with 20 foot waves and the old russian truck motor conked out on the boat they built out of old walkin coolers.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Let me guess....these idiots went out during the small craft advisory and gale force winds this weekend. Sorry, but this is what happens when stupid people do stupid sht. It's terribly sad that someone had to lose their life to this stunt.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Let me guess....these idiots went out during the small craft advisory and gale force winds this weekend. Sorry, but this is what happens when stupid people do stupid sht. It's terribly sad that someone had to lose their life to this stunt.
Yep. Seen it several time around here. Huge nasty storms rolling in. Most everyone scurrying to get out and back on the trailer or into port/their slips, and a few idiots are still launching. Even seen them still launching with lightning strikes around and thunder and good windage. Makes no sense.

I never attempt to go out without checking the weather first for the intended day of departure, and the next day or days, before deciding to go out.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Yep. Seen it several time around here. Huge nasty storms rolling in. Most everyone scurrying to get out and back on the trailer or into port/their slips, and a few idiots are still launching. Even seen them still launching with lightning strikes around and thunder and good windage. Makes no sense.

I never attempt to go out without checking the weather first for the intended day of departure, and the next day or days, before deciding to go out.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It was nasty here all weekend. Saw that story yesterday but here's one that's much worse.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,4747332.story

First year I think I've missed Columbus day Regatta.

Bad weekend in south Florida.