Notices

Ritchie brothers

Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ritchie brothers

Does anyone know what the last performance boat went for through the no reserve Ritchie brothers auction?
Their salesman was at my office trying to get me to put some heavy equipment in the auction. I told him about my boat, and he said he could get "top dollar" whatever that means.

The no reserve would cause a unreversible pucker to say the least. Then if you try to get someone to buy it back for you, violates the tos of their company and can get in big trouble, and also have to pay the % for both buyer and seller.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mackattack
Does anyone know what the last performance boat went for through the no reserve Ritchie brothers auction?
Their salesman was at my office trying to get me to put some heavy equipment in the auction. I told him about my boat, and he said he could get "top dollar" whatever that means.

The no reserve would cause a unreversible pucker to say the least. Then if you try to get someone to buy it back for you, violates the tos of their company and can get in big trouble, and also have to pay the % for both buyer and seller.
I wouldn't do that deal without some guarantees
Old 10-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

ask the salesman just exactly what "top dollar" is. If he cannot put a number figure on it then ask him how he feels he is qualified in any way to make that statment considering the terms
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The salesman didn't lie to you. Its just a difference of opinion on what Top Dollar means. It will bring Top Dollar meaning that is how an auction works. It brings the most money for the pool of bidders that day. I wouldn't take any boat to Ritchie Bros. Its a better industrial equipment auction.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember last year and the one before, a couple of boats were run through the auction. I remember reading the threads. I can't find them in a search.

For heavy equipment, they bring top dollar. Just the no reserve makes me nervous even on the sale of a dozer or excavator.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Ritchie Brothers, Ironplanet, etc... bring top dollar for construction equipment because those members/buyers are searching for business equipment - not toys.

I'd pass on a heavy equipment auction house.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Ritchie Brothers, Ironplanet, etc... bring top dollar for construction equipment because those members/buyers are searching for business equipment - not toys.

I'd pass on a heavy equipment auction house.
Exactly.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

A boat at a Ritchie Bro's auction does not make sense.... People are there for business. I can see it possibly at barret jackson or maybe mecum....