Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Questions About 42 Cig. "It's Good To Be King" >

Questions About 42 Cig. "It's Good To Be King"

Notices

Questions About 42 Cig. "It's Good To Be King"

Old 06-13-2002, 09:15 AM
BuzzinBye!

LEOPAJM,

I was listening, but I figured I would wait for flatdeck to clear up all the "mystical" speeds everyone was hearing. The 106 vs 111 issue came from the fact that the "King" came over to Victory's and asked what power the boat had and how fast we went. I flipped the tattletale on the GPS speedo and it read 106 mph. The "king" stated that his boat goes 111 mph, yet we went faster than him. All this happened at lunch time. Things that make you go HMMMMMM?

Dan

LEOPAJM,
Are you going to head to Toledo friday night then go to Saber Sat. The family is more than welcome to stay with us in Toledo while you go get the boat.

Old 06-13-2002, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Man !!!

I'll call you later once I figure out my itinerary.

JM

*** did you hear I got a fairing coming ????
Old 06-15-2002, 03:24 AM
scottr

Kevin King is the owner of the boat. It was dialed in at Lake X @ 111+ with the help of Trase Martin. Last Sunday with full tanks and five guys it ran a solid 106 in flat water. 46' Rough Rider with twin 900's. Kevin knows how to run the boat and really loves the competition. He and two other partners will be running the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series this year in the former Team Virgin F2 36' Gladiator.

Old 06-16-2002, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Scottr, Where is the boat out of? Where does he normally put in and run? I saw king in St.Joseph, Michigan over Memorial Day weekend. I thought he may have been out of Chicago or somewhere south of St. Joe but wasn't sure. It's nice to see boats like those around.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:01 PM
scottr

Kevin boats out of New Buffalo Michigan in the Summer and Naples in the Winter. He runs The King Group Printing and Consulting if anyone needs any large scale printing requirements. Very quality oriented in business and boating.