Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement >

Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement

Notices

Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement

Old 10-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, just got this. 19 south between CR & Homosassa. Was over that way again today and still empty.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 892 Likes on 320 Posts

I have no doubt the Crystal River and Sarasota plants are vacant but if AMH does still own the properties then as I said you could in theory move Pro Line and Donzi back to their plants and possibly find a buyer for each. as it stands I doubt you would find a buyer for all three in one location given the marine market right now. of course it is probably going to be a year or more before it all gets sorted out in the courts as to what is what.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Hardly any one is buyign NEW boats! HELLO!!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:27 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Frisini Motorsports seems to be finding the buyers for new boats...

I wouldn't put it passed Tony if he wouldn't be trying to get his hands on some of these brands too !!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Frisini Motorsports seems to be finding the buyers for new boats...

I wouldn't put it passed Tony if he wouldn't be trying to get his hands on some of these brands too !!
One, two....twenty boats are not going to support a company that size with that much debt.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
I agree with Steve to some extent, but Mariah makes sense also.

While Obama may go down in history as the guy who couldn't fix it... let's not forget who broke it.

As far as boats going from 25k to 40 k over night... That's a direct result of CHEAP financing... the same financing that caused boat builders like fountain and others to surge in popularity. When that financing evaporated, so did the market.

So, having said this, who's to blame? We ALL are. The lenders... The boat buying public who disregarded the price of a boat while focusing on the monthly payment.... The regulators who failed to keep this financing gold rush in check...

This phenomenon is not exclusive to boats... It's the same issue that affected the housing market and it's called "artificial equity"... that which makes an asset more valuable because you can barrow cheap funds to buy it.

Just my two cents..... now let's see how long it takes for Dawn to move this thread to the Political section...

T
I agree, the manufactures found a way to make the same profit on one boat as they used to make on 25.

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
One, two....twenty boats are not going to support a company that size with that much debt.
At today's prices they might be ok. I understand cost to build has risen, EVERYTHING has risen. Metal is off the charts, and composite supplies while up pale in comparison to the metal boom. The cost of a boat has exponentially grown off the charts when everything he risen, but at an explainable rate.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
I must say, everything I spoke about with Reggie back in June is now starting to unfold as he predicted... (Sorry, I had to keep what I knew confidential and let the cards play out.)

My prediction is: The end result will be that Reggie will be back in his original facility once the dust settles....

The city I am sure would much rather see Reggie there then the current operators... or should I now say the previous tenants....

Quite ironic that I got the exclusive photo tour just a few months ago of the Fountain Facility.

I guess it can be considered documented history or evidence ?

Fountain Shop Tour Click Here !!!

Never been there, Nice job Tim.....................Haha
Old 10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I'm sure they will be building more than 20 boats per year.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink No Fix

There's a great country western song that has a line that says " You Can't Fix Stupid" No company or individual is going to be able to resurrect an operation, overhead and debt service of a perfromance boat building company such as this in our present market! To try and do so is just plain "Stupid"!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 10-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just hope the plant is not bulldozed and they put condo's there.It will be more American manufacturing gone forever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.