Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement >

Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement

Notices

Fountain Abandoned, Financial Mismanagement

Old 10-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Some good points being brought up here but here is another angle: Does anyone on here know of a single sale (to the end consumer) of a Liberty built boat of any brand (Donzi, Fountain, Proline or Baja)? Not dealer inventory but actual owner taking delivery of their new boat?

If no one knows of a 2011-12 boat then that means they didn't sell any and no matter what the true story is, if you don't sell boats you are out of business no matter who is running the business.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z
Don't understand something. When the current Admin bailed out the biggest company in the world at one time ,General Motors, many were complaining and crying. How many other suppliers were saved and jobs by keeping GM around? To say nothing was done????
Just though another opinion was needed.
Thanks
You forgot to tell the other side of the story------and it is not a the better side. Note here: Media nor the current Admin does like to talk or write about this other side either!!!

What about all of the Tier suppliers, contract suppliers (non-automotive parts) and contract service vendors? They were owed millions prior to the filing. Went to Bankruptcy court and received (over a lengthy period) pennies on their owed dollars. GM and (you forgot the other biggie) Chrysler NEVER had to liquidate anything. The suppliers and vendors took it on the chin (or wallet).

Bailout my azz. This was a pullout. After they phucked countless companies. Many never recovered and closed their doors.

Here is closing chapter to this fiasco------GM and Chrysler in some cases did not even go back to those companies and continue a business relationship!!! Double screw job.

How do I know these things? Live and work in the Detroit metro area and directly linked to that industry.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariah212Z
Don't understand something. When the current Admin bailed out the biggest company in the world at one time ,General Motors, many were complaining and crying. How many other suppliers were saved and jobs by keeping GM around? To say nothing was done????

Are they perfect? No one is.

Remember, when did the economy fail?? Was it Sept 2008 oh yeah!!

Let's not forget the mistakes of the past.

Just though another opinion was needed.

Boat prices have risen to ridiculous prices over the past 15 years to a level that just was not sustainable. It's there, boat builders, own fault. IMO

Thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Steve to some extent, but Mariah makes sense also.

While Obama may go down in history as the guy who couldn't fix it... let's not forget who broke it.

As far as boats going from 25k to 40 k over night... That's a direct result of CHEAP financing... the same financing that caused boat builders like fountain and others to surge in popularity. When that financing evaporated, so did the market.

So, having said this, who's to blame? We ALL are. The lenders... The boat buying public who disregarded the price of a boat while focusing on the monthly payment.... The regulators who failed to keep this financing gold rush in check...

This phenomenon is not exclusive to boats... It's the same issue that affected the housing market and it's called "artificial equity"... that which makes an asset more valuable because you can barrow cheap funds to buy it.

Just my two cents..... now let's see how long it takes for Dawn to move this thread to the Political section...

T

Last edited by MidOcean; 10-15-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered

It was 2 k for 55 gal a few months ago
Old 10-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Some good points being brought up here but here is another angle: Does anyone on here know of a single sale (to the end consumer) of a Liberty built boat of any brand (Donzi, Fountain, Proline or Baja)? Not dealer inventory but actual owner taking delivery of their new boat?

If no one knows of a 2011-12 boat then that means they didn't sell any and no matter what the true story is, if you don't sell boats you are out of business no matter who is running the business.

I don't,and would like to know how many are in dealer hands.They are not worth a lot right now.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Good point the people that bought these boats middle class america are gone, only people buying new boats are cash paying people that tend to buy more semi custom boats ie cig,outer limits,nor tech, ect...
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I don't,and would like to know how many are in dealer hands.They are not worth a lot right now.
Sportboat in ft myers beach has 3 fountain cc in stock 2 2011 that have been sitting and a 2012 that appears to have just arrived, wouldn't want to be him.. I don't know but if I were looking at these boats in fort myers I would have my car gps set on the nor tech plant a few miles away IMO.

Last edited by bill63; 10-15-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered

Default To the "T"

This is playing out EXACTLY as Reggie stood in my shop a year ago and in his words played every move. For those of you with boats there at Fountain service inc. you better get them quick. Without the support of the other departments at the factory its just another metal building.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:23 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Driveguy
This is playing out EXACTLY as Reggie stood in my shop a year ago and in his words played every move..
Sorry to have missed you on my tour Jerry. I made several attempts over the two times I was in the area but could not get in touch with you. I even asked Reggie if it was worth even a drive by but he seem to make me think all the magic stuff was on the inside and there would be much to photograph on the outside.

I hope you are doing well...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.