Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help! >

Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help!

Notices

Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help!

Old 05-22-2002, 12:21 PM
SunseekerNY

Default Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help!

Dear OSO Members:

RE: DOUG LEWIS
I just took out an add on Google.com for the next year for Doug Lewis. Anyone who searches for "offshore racing" will now find this information. The same ad will appear on AOL in a few days. For more information on Doug's charityand racing career, click on this link www.USApowerboating.com/doug-lewis.html

RE: www.PowerboatingCharities.com - under constuction
I registered the domain name www.powerboatingcharities.com to put up a web site for our fellow high performance enthusiasts and racers in need of help. Anyone who wants their information included in this web site, just e-mail it to me (photos too) - the HTM families, Jack Carmody, Bob Christianson, etc.

I am in the process of trying to get a free golf shirt sponsor for people that donate over $100 andT-shirts too for amounts over $25. The word "FREE" is the most powerful advertising tool anyone can ever use.

All checks will be sent directly to the charity. NO money will change hands through me, and I wholeheartedly promise I will do my homework and make sure anyone listed on the site is indeed a valid charity or person in need.Anyone who would like to help or has any ideas is more than welcome.

I would also appreciate it if everyone with a marine industry site would link to this site. Only sites that link to the charity site will recieve a link back.

I'm also going to talk to Billy Frenz about setting up a table at the NYC Poker run. Time is a little short on this one (but so is Doug's life) - otherwise I'll be walking around handing out fliers.

WHY AM I DOING THIS?
I'm just trying to get to heaven, seriously. My parents have had me doing charity work with the Ancient Order of the Hibernians and the March of Dimes since I was ten, and I am a former third-grade religion teacher. People do business with me on a handshake, and I always give everything I do a 200-percent effort. I firmly believe that what comes around goes around, and I live my life by the golden rule. So, I am about to put my talents to very good use.

This IS a marketing campaign - for our fellow powerboaters in need of help. Let's do what we can guys. I could write a check, and I will. In the long run, I feel this is much more effective and money well spent.

Best regards and happy boating,
Jennifer

Posts edited for clarity and verbosity

Old 05-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default table at nyc poker run

MAKE UP SIGNS AND I WILL MAKE SPACE AT OUR TABLE TO HELP IN THIS FUNDRAISER.TOTAL DOLLAR INSURANCE IS ONE THE SPONSORS OF THIS EVENT AND I WILL HELP ANY WAY I CAN.
Old 05-22-2002, 08:12 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you Jennifer....................If everybody gives a little....Doug will get through this successfully................... He is a great guy.........and a born winner.

T2x
Old 05-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Steve_H

um , you mite want to post what happened to him for the new guys here (that includes me).

i have no idea what the charity is for and i dont want to click on the link and bring it down.

tia

Old 05-22-2002, 09:29 PM
SunseekerNY

Dear Tia:

Thanks for the heads up! Thank you for your concern. I really appreciate it. Below please find the original post regarding Doug Lewis. Also, this is the link to the original post by Sharkey: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=24782

My very best regards,
Jennifer

------------------------

A letter for a friend from his friends....

Doug Lewis needs your help! As friends of Doug and Leeanne’s, Rich and I are sending you this letter with the hope that you’ll help us in this time of need. As you may already know, Doug has Multiple Myeloma (MM) a type of cancer that strikes only 1% of those people that get cancer. MM, cancer of the bone marrow, while rare, is a closely related cousin of Leukemia. Each year 14,000 people are diagnosed with new cases of MM; 11,000 of those people will die. After having surgery in 2001 to remove a malignant tumor in his thigh we had all hoped and prayed that he was cured; unfortunately, that is not the case. In December 2001 he was re-diagnosed with MM. This time the disease is in his ribs, spine and skull. Without a bone marrow transplant his health will continue to deteriorate, quickly.

Doug is presently undergoing chemotherapy in preparation of a transplant. When treatment is completed sometime early this summer, his wish is to go to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC) in Seattle, Washington for a bone marrow transplant. This transplant could save his life without one however Doug has no chance of survival. FHCRC is the number one facility in the country for treatment of MM and bone marrow transplants. Because Doug would have to relocate to Seattle for approximately six to nine months, Doug and Leeanne need to raise in excess of $100,000 to pay for medical expenses not covered by medical insurance. The need for long-term housing, transportation, transplant donor expenses, outpatient services and homecare/emergency nursing services in addition to other out-of-pocket costs not yet identified are just a few of the extra expenses that will have to be covered.

Would you please help Doug reach his goal so that the transplant will become a reality? Your donation would give Doug a much-needed lifeline until a cure can be found. Your generous contribution will go a long way in not only helping to save Doug’s life but also the lives of many others battling this terrible disease.
Thank you for your kindness and generosity.

Friends of Doug Lewis,
Patrick Patel & Rich Luhrs

PLEASE NOTE: In order to be fully tax deductible, all checks must be made payable to "Walk on the Water of Faith Church of Deliverance, Inc." a 501(C)(3) accredited charity. Upon receipt you will be sent written acknowledgment of your donation. A self-addressed, stamped envelope is enclosed. If you have any questions or would like more information please call me at (908) 415-9482 or Rich at (845) 430-4500.

Mailing address; Patrick G. Patel, Attorney at Law, 580 Newark Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07306

Old 05-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, Jennifer
I make the check to Walk on the Water of Faith Church of Deliverence, Inc. and send it to Pat Patel's office. If this is not correct please let me know by Fri. am as that's when I do business.
Robert
Old 05-22-2002, 11:12 PM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by Tonto
So, Jennifer
I make the check to Walk on the Water of Faith Church of Deliverence, Inc. and send it to Pat Patel's office. If this is not correct please let me know by Fri. am as that's when I do business.
Robert
Dear Tonto (the new name is great! It makes sense.)

Yes, what you just wrote is absolutely correct.

I'm STUPID tired right now, and I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams everyone.

Have a good night,
Jennifer

Old 05-22-2002, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, all you have to do is get 1000 members to give $100.00 and your there . So come on guys, that's less than a oil change. It's time to BELLY UP TO THE BAR.
Robert
Old 05-23-2002, 12:32 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default POWERBOATING CHARITIES

I just started a NEW Links page on my site. Any help I can get here, would be greatly appreciated. The page name is; " CHARITIES" at WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM The first link is for a dear friend, DOUG LEWIS of PROFESSIONAL MARINE RACING. I am sure there are many others. Please help in adding to the page. This is in conjunction with Jennifer Quinn's efforts. Thank You!

Sharkey

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 05-23-2002 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:58 AM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by Tonto
So, all you have to do is get 1000 members to give $100.00 and your there . So come on guys, that's less than a oil change. It's time to BELLY UP TO THE BAR.
Robert
Tonto: I wish it were that easy! Thank you for your support.

Tx2: I don't believe we have ever met - which is amazing. I've only heard great things about you, and I really look forward to helping you and Pat raise money for Doug. He's a brilliant man and a wonderful person.

Sy: Be careful what you offer. I, indeed, will take you up on that offer.

Tia: I love that name! Thank you as well for your interest in this matter

Sharkey: Thank you for supporting us through your web site.

Puder: What can I say? I hope your generosity is contagious! I need a logo ASAP so I can have a few banners made by the NYC poker run.

Anyone I missed from the original post: Too old, DaveP, Mike Merola, Nasty Habit, Rambunctious, Skater Mike, Boat Girl and Tigerlily (and the people who contacted me via e-mail), thank you as well.

OSO Members: If anyone has a screen printing business and would like to donate 3-4 5-foot long banners, I will put your logo on the main page of the new web site. I need shirt sponsors too.

My very best regards,
Jennifer

Quick Reply: Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.