Hull cleaner?  What's the best product >

Hull cleaner? What's the best product

Notices

Hull cleaner? What's the best product

Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

FSR its a blue gel...stands for Fiberglass Stain Remover...on dry hull just put it on a brush or towel and wipe it, turns scum line White instantly.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use slimmy grimmy, works with ease and doesnt hurt me the trailer or the driveway
Old 10-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like On-Off but are tired of getting Ripped-Off, go to a pool store or even Lowes and get a gallon of Muriatic Acid for $4.00 a gallon. Same stuff.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JTeam
If you like On-Off but are tired of getting Ripped-Off, go to a pool store or even Lowes and get a gallon of Muriatic Acid for $4.00 a gallon. Same stuff.
isn't on off dilluted, I'll never go back to muratic acid again
Old 10-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 88242LS
isn't on off dilluted, I'll never go back to muratic acid again
Might be, in which case the cost gets even cheaper. Add water and now it's $2.00 per gallon. On-Off is muriatic acid.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered

Iron out takes the brown stain right off
Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Registered

I spray the bottom every so often with Power One and wash off with water. Might have to do it a couple of times, but it will come white clean. Once you begin you have to do the whole bottom.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sno bowl or any acid base toilet bowl cleaner, brush on , let sit 5 minutes hose off... cleans exhaust tips and outdrives too!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Colby
On & Off is the best. Use it with a long handled brush and don't breathe in the fumes.
NO! On/Off will get it clean at the expense of the acid damage to the gel coat. It does work though...

I recommend Ring-Go and used to sell it. If you can't find it anywhere online let me know. I can probably contact my supplier and get some more cases but I have to do a large purchase since they don't sell small quantities (singe bottle).

They are 32oz. large bottles and one will last at least 3-4 years if you use it 1-2 times per year if you want a perfectly white boat all the time. I use it maybe once a season and mine is pristine. It is THE BEST product that does NOT cause damage to the gel coat and takes off water/scum stains, rust stains, etc. It will not remove growth (only a pressure washer does) but it gets virtually all stains out without removing wax or pitting. It is also the EASIEST product to use that I've ever come across after 30 years of boating/cleaning. Simply wipe on since it has the consistency of liquid soap, let sit 5-10 minutes and then spray off. DONE.

It doesn't get any easier than that! On/Off can't compete and I have used them all. Do a search for Ring-Go here cause I have sold it to hundreds of OSO'ers over the years.

PS - if memory serves I think I used to charge $15 plus shipping ($5-$7 UPS) a few years ago when I last did it. I don't make any real money at it and when I exhausted my cases that were required to get from the manufacturer I stopped. I was just doing it to help out OSO'ers who needed the best product.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:47 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
Fountain of Youth Power One is the best hull cleaner I ever tried...

http://www.fountainofyouthrestore.com/power1.html
I agree. Not only does it work well but it seems to keep the hull cleaner afteer you apply it. Their other products only seem to be so so but the power one is amazing stuff! Plus if you get on off on a galvy or allum trailer it makes a mess! I got some of the Power One on my trailer and it just made that area shiny!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.