Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who is Still making a non stepped hull? >

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Notices

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I see this thread going down hill.... Maybe we should just say that Sutphen boats are part of the top 20 flat bottom boats that perform well in rougher conditions. THis may prevent alot of the back patting and broken arms! I am a fan of the 38 and 39 Sutphens. I love the looong flat decks. Cool boats.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kreed
I see this thread going down hill.... Maybe we should just say that Sutphen boats are part of the top 20 flat bottom boats that perform well in rougher conditions. THis may prevent alot of the back patting and broken arms! I am a fan of the 38 and 39 Sutphens. I love the looong flat decks. Cool boats.
+1
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
forget it,,,i'm saying it.

apache.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
If he doesnt want new, why not a older clean formula non fastec? Nice boats, interiors, solid tanks. with so many different packages available to suit almost everyones needs.
But further more if he doesnt want new whats the point of this thread?
theres plenty of used older model non stepped options that are updated and good to go.
MD
He wants newer 1995 and up, does he have the range to go new, yes, so those options must be researched. If we cant find something suitable preowned, then knowing who to go for to build a new boat is important.

As to the purpose of the thread, forgive my gorilla math, but I kinda figured that if a new boat company was building a straight bottom today, chances are they have a few newer straight bottoms on the preowned market as well. This thread is about options as well as seeing who has what out there available for my client.
And yes those older models will be looked over as well, in the begining stages here with my client, I just want to provide every option from new to classic, and get as much research behind me as possible. Not to mention keep my fellow OSOers in the loop.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shaun harrington

apache.
Good Call, a 36 may be pushing the envelope on size, but I cant believe I did not remember that. Any body have any idea what happenned to the 36 "war party" thats been to national liquidators a couple times?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shaun harrington

apache.
Hey billy quit hiding behind me!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 87 Posts

LOL....quite a thread here. Straight bottoms, steps, long decks etc etc. My first ocean race was in a 14 foot cold molded flat bottom single outboard....my first wave was at least 200 feet high....but I didn't fly off it....I was going too slow, I just went down the other side.

Real story.....Odell Lewis was running the big aluminum turbine boat and was going to run it at Atlantic City that year......however, Mr Kiekhaefer had already agreed it would be shown as a display somewhere else.......Odell!! take that 20 foot outboard over there and run that.

So Odell arrives at AC with the outboard..... and discovers that the swell was running just right..... he could run the boat wide open up the face of the first swell and it would fly far enough..... that it would land on the far side of the third swell.

Came in high up, maybe 2nd or 3rd overall.

Then of course he didn't have the advantage of the combined wisdom of OSO, so he just went out there and raced whatever he was given.....and had a great time!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Top Banana
LOL....quite a thread here. Straight bottoms, steps, long decks etc etc. My first ocean race was in a 14 foot cold molded flat bottom single outboard....my first wave was at least 200 feet high....but I didn't fly off it....I was going too slow, I just went down the other side.

Real story.....Odell Lewis was running the big aluminum turbine boat and was going to run it at Atlantic City that year......however, Mr Kiekhaefer had already agreed it would be shown as a display somewhere else.......Odell!! take that 20 foot outboard over there and run that.

So Odell arrives at AC with the outboard..... and discovers that the swell was running just right..... he could run the boat wide open up the face of the first swell and it would fly far enough..... that it would land on the far side of the third swell.

Came in high up, maybe 2nd or 3rd overall.

Then of course he didn't have the advantage of the combined wisdom of OSO, so he just went out there and raced whatever he was given.....and had a great time!!!
Great story Charlie.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Great story Charlie.
+ 1
But I kept reading and looking for some seasoned insight on the non step boat.... Nope, not here did you prematurely get in OFF mode for next week!!! Lol j/k

Charles maybe you can make this you first ” new era ” build, although you never disclosed weather or not you intend to step???

Last edited by scarab63; 10-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Hmmmm

Lots of great boats mentioned here.

If your looking to stay in the low 30' foot range
Cougar is another one And I'm sure if you wanted to travel to England they would still make you one.

However there as been a 33' for sale also, nice lines
grafics not bad either.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41759-en.html

Description:
1987 Cougar 33. Fully re-done! COMPLETE RESTORATION WITH ONLY 4 HOURS SINCE COMPLETION! Fresh everything with perfect interior and beautiful paint! New 598cid Dart blocks, Dart aluminum heads, Barry Grant carbs, Comp cams and lifters. Full roller motors with only 3.9 hours of run-time, and new hour meters to verify! Rated at 750hp and 750lbs of torque each. Stelling headers, Speedmaster 5A drives, Hubert 1200 transmissions, K-Planes, Latham hydraulic steering, Hering 5-blade props. Extremely detailed engine compartment with SS diamond plate and all steel-braided hoses and lines. Other options include shorepower with battery charger, Gaffrig gauges and bezels, compass, Livorsi depth finder, Sony X-Plode CD stereo, pop-up cleats. Tell-tale Gaffrig speedo recalls 92mph @ 4300RPM! This boat should run in excess of 100mph after break-in! Includes a 1995 tri-axle aluminum trailer with spare and toolbox. Many more pictures available! A STEAL! JUST REDUCED @ $69,995.00!!! See it inside our Lake in the Hills, IL showroom today, 847-458-6488. See more pics and more quality pre-owned for sale @ www.GrandSportCenter.com
Attached Thumbnails Who is Still making a non stepped hull?-33_cougar_01.jpg   Who is Still making a non stepped hull?-33_cougar_02.jpg   Who is Still making a non stepped hull?-33_cougar_03.jpg  

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?-33_cougar_04.jpg   Who is Still making a non stepped hull?-33_cougar_05.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.