Cool Article:Big Bang Theory

Notices

Cool Article:Big Bang Theory

Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I might have your buddy with the cobra covered with my pickup truck. It's just a 6.0 with a rotary muffler...]
Rotary muffler . . . . . never heard that one
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rotary muffler hahahahaha thats great. 66mm turbo's on aluminum LSX blocks WILL be a wicked option in the not too distant future. Note that the 4.8/5.3 blocks are almost all iron as they are truck applications so not the best of weight savings. But they can be found in better shape than the article for about 500-700 and you just saw what a stock will do against 26psi, I imagine a healthy block will run 10-12psi of boost for 150+ hrs depending on how its driven. The other cool part about turbo mtors, is they don't have all the tq's down low. So the drive has a chance at survival... sort of... actually not really...
Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
. . . . . So the drive has a chance at survival... sort of... actually not really...
one can always hope . . .

Hey can someone post a quick chronology of the LS series? LS1,LS2,X,???. What engines came in what vehicles and what type of internal components. Usage? Iron, aluminum block? I'm not all that familiar with the series and just was wondering what to look for when searching for possible builders/donors. What would be the best choice for a pair of roughly 425 hp motors?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 10-20-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I skimmed it over, and it seems to be fairly accurate....plus it's way easier than typing it all out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine
Old 10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
^ I am pretty sure the EcoBoost is a gasoline engine.
Huh, you may not be wrong! (That is what I say to my wife when she is right, which is often.) Guess I need to open my eyes more when I read. Originally read about the ecoboost on a travel trailer forum I frequent and they were comparing it to the diesel ford pickups, just ASSumed it was diesel.

Thanks for correcting that. Now I am even more impressed with how the F150 tows with it, wow! 11,000 lb trailer rating. When is Ford going to put it in the Expedition EL?

Brian
Old 10-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Do the turbos mask the piston slap?! Nice!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always dug the "budget builds" in Hot Rod magazine. How about a boating budget build, if that term isn't too laughable. For instance, setting up one or two used LS motors in a smaller offshore hull (28'-33') for the sole purpose of some solid, reliable offshore performance , ie, light on the bling factor. Maybe even set a goal like the Bimini Run to ascertain the success of the project. Now that would be cool.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

7k out of a hyd roller? Wow!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
I have always dug the "budget builds" in Hot Rod magazine. How about a boating budget build, if that term isn't too laughable. For instance, setting up one or two used LS motors in a smaller offshore hull (28'-33') for the sole purpose of some solid, reliable offshore performance , ie, light on the bling factor. Maybe even set a goal like the Bimini Run to ascertain the success of the project. Now that would be cool.
I've been having the same discussion with friends for a while. I'd love to see this too.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarleyDavidson88
I've been having the same discussion with friends for a while. I'd love to see this too.
Hmmm... must be an IL thing. I'm originally from near St Louis on the east side... out in the horseradish fields past the t*tty bars and DMZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.