Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Golden Eagle Poker Run- Okla this sat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26437-golden-eagle-poker-run-okla-sat.html)

blown formula 06-12-2002 03:50 PM

Golden Eagle Poker Run- Okla this sat.

This is the weekend for the Golden Eagle Poker Run at lake Eufaula, Oklahoma..... Based out of Eufaula Cove Marina, there will be $10,000 1st place, $5,000 2nd place & 3rd place prizes also.
230 entries so far. entry is $175.00....the more the merrier!!!

Be There....if your from the area, it's going to be a great sunny weekend, the "Island" / the "Cut" is calling. Many late evening surprises to be seen on the beaches!!.....leave the little ones at home after dusk!! Good times for all!:D :cool:

283CHECK 06-12-2002 03:54 PM

We are going

Have 4 boats for sure 5 if ours is done:rolleyes: 14 people all heading out of KC 11 am friday morning. Looking forward to the weekend!!

Chris

blown formula 06-12-2002 04:16 PM

Chris,
come say hello at "the Cut"...just look for a Formula 312 with a big green wave down the side!
I will probably be wearing an OSO or Formula Racing cap at Eufaula Cove on the dock....so speak up!!

See ya' there:)

Mrs 283Check 06-12-2002 06:25 PM

Looks like our boat won't be done but we'll be down there with our friends in a 33 Formula - Tankei, 28 Sunsation - Hangin' Around, 26 Crownline - Shamu and Gordo in his One Vision Racing Active Thunder. I hope I got all the sizes right. If not I'm sure one of the guys will correct me :) Looking forward to the trip even though we're a little disappointed to once again be making the trip without our boat.

Cyndi

FunHome 06-12-2002 08:44 PM

Hey Lake Perry Crowd, hope all goes well this weekend!! Wish we were going!! But, maybe next year!!

blown formula 06-13-2002 09:45 AM

Cyndi- I will try to locate ya'll, will you gather at the cut/island with everyone else or ?
Look forward to meeting your bunch....:D
Gonna be a fun day....I found out last night that my boat will definetly be ready....today! Then I gotta clean it up.

Look for the black OSO cap at the morning start on the dock & introduce yourselves. We need to show an OSO presence there!!
:D

Fountain38 06-13-2002 02:46 PM

George, several of us are really looking forward to Sat at Eufaula.
My wife and I went out Tuesday and looked over the lake. The "Cut" area is really nice. We like the sand at the beaches, and I can only begin to thank what might happen in the evenings, after the Lasses partake in some afternoon liquid refreshments. We will be bringing down the Eliminator, along with a Scarab and maybe Garys Baja. As of Tuesday there were close to 275 entries I was told after eating lunch at Gators.
Anyone that want to say HI, just look for the Eliminator Daytona 28 with the Pregnant Chick onboard. ( Don't tell my wife I said That):D :eek:

blown formula 06-13-2002 03:41 PM

Robert, I still find it funny that NO ONE questions the Fountain38 when you talk about your Eliminator!! Some of us know the story, but I have never seen it questioned on OSO !! I sent you a PM, see you all Saturday morning!!:D

Fountain38 06-13-2002 11:17 PM

Wish I could change the old Screen name but Old habits are hard to change. Saturday, I unveil the new name for the Eliminator. Its been hard to come up with a good one but my friend did. since most people won't be at Eufaula Sat ill spill the beans here at OSO. Since most people are behind me or following me (haha):D :D How does "SHOWN-TAIL" sound. Will, it's the best I could come up with anyway. It will look really good with some "Tail" laying out on the sun deck. You think?????
See ya sat.

will :cool: :cool: :cool: :) :D :D

blown formula 06-14-2002 09:00 AM

:rolleyes: :eek: :) :D ....wait a minute.... I thought the wife was "prego"!! But I guess any "tail" will do !!:D

NOTICE: A bunch of us are meeting (7:30a.m. !) at the Porum Landing (Duchess Creek) launch ramps as there are two of them & there is more parking available for trailers. Eufaula Cove only has one ramp & limited parking.
To get there: Take I-40 east of US69 5 miles, take exit 270 south 11 miles to stop sign, turn left go 3 miles to the Duchess Creek Marina sign (CAUTION: single lane bridge before the marina!!) turn right & enter the park ($2.00 launch fee). These ramps are protected most of the time from any wind that may be blowing.

This is going to be great!!:cool:

eyezlee 06-14-2002 09:45 AM

Guys, take lots of pictures. Have a good time and be safe.

Later.

Paul

Gordo 06-17-2002 12:29 AM

What a blast!

Had the pleasure of meeting both Blown Formula and Fountain38, (and their beautiful sidekicks) at the Golden Eagle Poker run last weekend. I wanted to come check out your "toys", but we was almost late getting back to check in our cards. We didn't win anything, but we all thought it was well worth it. Thanks to Mickey Britain for gettting things set up for all of us. Our group was a riot the whole weekend, and although none of us won any money, the "TanKie" Formula crew of Pat & Tarra won the furthest distance award, which was a cool statue of a golden eagle. I think the crowd gave them as much applause and cheers as the guys that won over 12 grand, (yes, thats over $12,000.oo) for first place.
The local folks were really nice, the lake is beautiful, and quite the gathering of hot boats and hard bodies to drool over. (especially at "the cut").
Sounds like our group is planning on making this an annual event.

H20 Cowgirl 06-17-2002 08:29 AM

I agree! We had a blast and it was nice to meet some more OSO members!

283CHECK 06-17-2002 11:15 AM

Had a great time

Blown Formula and Fountain38 was good to meet you and your crews. The cut was a cool spot and that lake is beautiful.. Gordo thanks for the show after leaving the cut, you sure did make that HTM work for it:D :eek: I think Ralph will be smiling stupid for months to come:D All in all we had a great time and do plan on doing it again.

Chris

Blown get them pics posted!!

blown formula 06-17-2002 11:35 AM

*** Wonderful weekend !!! ****
We had nearly 400 entries, boats of all descriptions....
Eliminators, Advantage, HTM, Formula, Active Thunder, Fountain, Sunsation, Cigarette, some full customs, jets, v-drives, bravos, kaama's....mild to wild....just about you name it and it was there!!
I had the distinct pleasure of being there with Robert-38fountain (now an Eliminator driver!) & his wife & child to be! Congrats!! His mother in law Anna & friend George.
I met 283Checkmate & his wife Cindy, Gordo & wife-H2O cowgirl, Mickey & his wife also.....the boats were great but you guys were a blast.
I suspect I left someone out of that, but you guys never let my hand get empty!! :D

blown formula 06-17-2002 11:58 AM

Not that horsepower was lacking at the Poker Run either, but I know there were several outdrives that took a trip south for the summer, at least one broken prop shaft on an American Offshore rig out of Texas,,,,,, I hafta' start looking for that lost prop!!
:) Also a few other break down for mechanical issues.....unfortunate..... Last year a new twin canopied Advantage lost the drives leaving the first stop!! They had better luck this year and were seen partying with the $12,000 winners on Sunday at "the cut". After Saturdays revelry, Sunday was pretty quiet on the beach!!
I never expected to see so many OSO members, A real pleasure!
We gather again, possible at Grand Lake where there are several other members......:p , that we could not get to the Run.
Looking forward to "next time" !! :cool:

283CHECK 06-17-2002 12:03 PM

Grand Lake

Has been talked about afew times, I'd be up for the trip! If we can ever get our boat back. :mad: :eek: Luck for us the only problems we had(besides the hotel)was one flat before we left and a blow out on the same trailer. He is tire shopping as we speak:eek:

Look forward to boatin with you all in the future!!

blown formula 06-17-2002 01:44 PM

:( Darn.... I knew I left someone out.....

Forgive me SR24 !!! I didn't "really" forget you, just skipped typing your board name !!:rolleyes: The mind is the first (?) thing to go!!:D

Fountain38 06-17-2002 09:46 PM

Hey everyone,
It was nice meeting all you guys and gals ( especially the ladies from Mo). Hope to do this gig again sometime, maybe in Mo at LOTO or ?. Blown Formula, didn't we have fun. Its nice putting names with faces, and getting aquainted with everyone. George, I will bring the ribs if you do the cooking, and we want to thank you for the hospitality. Maybe next time ill let you drive the cat again, and you will be ready to shuck off that vee.:D Anyway, if I get my wife to domino in Aug and we will be sporting a new Cat driver real soon. Any time you all want a tour of Grand lake we all can meet there and ill show you around. Lots of big, fast boats up there, and you don't have to worry about hitting bottom.
Gordo, keep that glossy side up now when you are out racing. We don't want to read something bad about you somtime. Check, I hope you get that boat fixed soon! George give me a call, tell Pam hi!:) :)

SR-24 06-18-2002 12:06 PM

Hey BF, No problem! It was nice meeting you and 283Check. It sounds like there were alot more people there that I wish I could've met. You were the only one wearing an OSO hat other than myself that I saw. Tell me about the race with the HTM, because I don't think it was me (I was pretty lit up by the end of the day) and the only other one out there was the guy named Randy I was telling you about. It was him if it had red flames running from the front all the way down the sides. He just put a 572 in it and late in the day I went for a ride and it was his first time to open it up and he was turning a 32 four blade with 1:36 gears to 4600rpm. His liquis filled speedo broke but I'm sure we were moving on. I think if he'll go down to a 28 and get the R's up he will gain some more speed.

blown formula 06-18-2002 02:55 PM

SR-24, Gordo or 283check need to tell us about the HTM race with Gordo. I did not see it. wish I had though!!
Robert & I may be hosting a gathering later this summer complete with a Oklahoma Rib cook-out, you BAB!! (bring all the beer !!)
Anyone interested???? :D

SR-24 06-18-2002 03:29 PM

What kind of boat does Gordo drive?

Mrs 283Check 06-18-2002 04:53 PM

Gordo drives an Active Thunder with F1-51 and One Vision Racing on the sides. I believe the HTM was the one with the red flames. It was really nice to meet everyone. That's a beautiful lake - we got to see a little bit more of it this time than in September. Boat was broken then also and we rented a pontoon- a VERY SLOW pontoon. Can't wait for the next one.

Cyndi

SR-24 06-19-2002 09:40 AM

Cyndi, I figured that might have been Gordo. I was in the passenger seat of the HTM when we hooked them up. That was the first time he had really opened the boat up. Were you in Gordo's boat at the time? If so, how fast were you guys running? Randy's GPS quit working, he thought a ground wire must have came loose.

Mrs 283Check 06-19-2002 11:11 AM

No I wasn't in Gordo's boat at the time - they had even kicked Julie (H20 Cowgirl) out - or wait maybe she left by choice - so she wouldn't bounce out :) and went for a guys only run. Julie has a picture of them on their fly by. I'm not sure if Gordo has a GPS or not I seem to remember something about it coming loose when he was racing in P class and he threw it over his shoulder thinking he was throwing it in the back seat when in actuality he threw it out the back of the boat :)

Cyndi

SR-24 06-19-2002 11:15 AM

Thanks, I'll try to email Gordo.

283CHECK 06-19-2002 12:21 PM

BBQ and Boating

Now I could be down with that:D If I ever get my damned boat back!!!!!:mad: :mad: Blown I still may need the name of that motor guy you know! Plus that would give me a real good reason to come back down to Eufala a couple more times this year;) :D ;)

Chris

Gordo 06-19-2002 12:24 PM

SR-24

That was the HTM we raced. Beautiful boat !! We actually seemed to have somewhat of a jump on you guys, but I knew y'all would be coming. As Cyndi said, I had a little "misfortune" with my GPS, but judging by my rpm's and being light on fuel, we was running right at 81mph.
It was a fun race, even though you guys finally edged us out. I'm thinking I'm pretty lucky he doesn't have it dialed in yet. I would have been for a real ass whoopin. ;)
We are deffinately looking forward to partying with y'all again next year. THAT was a blast!

SR-24 06-19-2002 12:37 PM

Hey Gordo! Yeah I wish we could've been a little closer or at least on more of a straight away. I thought for sure you were running faster than that but with that much wind in your face it always seems like your flying. He has had the boat to 90 when it smoked his coupler and I think he really hurt hisself by putting the 32 prop on, it killed his rpm and horsepower. I want to make it back down there again myself this year, it is a fun lake to hang out on.

SR-24 06-19-2002 12:40 PM

283, I know of a couple of really good engine builders. Bobby Tillford from Sand Springs built mine and alot of people are having a guy named Keith Scroggins from Okla. City build theirs.

blown formula 06-20-2002 12:25 PM

The "baddest" sounding & running naturally aspirated BB 502's I ever heard were built by Todd Close 918-484-2659 (Lake Eufaula) He used to run fuel funnies & blown drag boats with the name "Close Encounters" ...He's done a lot of work for me & it is top notch stuff......but maybe not the cheapest, but then the cheapest in the long run generally isn't....if ya' know what I mean. His motor's stay together.:D
Highly recommended.:)

283CHECK 06-20-2002 01:56 PM

Thanks

I'll keep this info handy. After talking with the marian yesterday we had a bit of miss comunication. Things should be back on track now. I hope!!

And when it comes to boating you do not want to cut corners and try and save money. I found that out the hard way!!:rolleyes: :o

283CHECK 06-20-2002 02:02 PM

Thanks

I'll keep this info handy. After talking with the marian yesterday we had a bit of miss comunication. Things should be back on track now. I hope!!

And when it comes to boating you do not want to cut corners and try and save money. I found that out the hard way!!:rolleyes: :o

Mrs 283Check 06-20-2002 03:04 PM

Stuttering problem Chris? :D

FunHome 06-20-2002 04:56 PM

Mr. & Mrs. Check, I met someone else that was from Effingham yesterday! They were here at the Funeral Home for a friend of their's I think his last name was Hartter? He said he knew you two. His daughter's were with him and one that was just out of high school said she tried like heck to beat Cyndi's volleyball records but couldn't!!

Cyndi, sounds like your a sports icon in Effingham!! :eek:

Don't forget us little people!
and can I have an autograph?

283CHECK 06-20-2002 05:20 PM

Yep, know them

Brad-
You gonna make it to perry this weekend?

Cyndi an Icon from Effingham:rolleyes: Slow down there hun, next thing we know it'll be Cyndi for President(of Linwood):D :p ;)

Mrs 283Check 06-20-2002 05:33 PM

Chris how did you find out that I was going to run for that?

Brad,

I coached both of those girls when they were in middle school and I was just out of high school. I feel old now. I got lucky when I was in high school and had an awesome hitter so it really helps out with all those volleyball assists.

Cyndi

FunHome 06-20-2002 05:33 PM

We have been real busy here at work!! But, so far it look's like there is nothing going on Sunday. So with a little luck I'll be on the water!!! (I really need it BAD!)

What about you guy's?

Check out my # of post!! Cool!

Mrs 283Check 06-20-2002 05:35 PM

I think we'll be out with Les and Ronnie and HOPEFULLY next weekend we'll be out there in our boat. I really can't wait for that!