Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=OldSchoolKV;3534031]LMAO! Outerlimits announces a "special edition" boat to "honor" the founder of one of their key competitors. They even went so far as to include a photo of a Cigarette in the background of their rendering.

The boat in the pic with Aronow is a Cary and not a Cig FYI
Old 10-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=stainless;3534045]
Originally Posted by OldSchoolKV
LMAO! Outerlimits announces a "special edition" boat to "honor" the founder of one of their key competitors. They even went so far as to include a photo of a Cigarette in the background of their rendering.

The boat in the pic with Aronow is a Cary and not a Cig FYI
Oh, you mean the boat that says Cigarette on the side? Yeah, but you get the idea. Maybe for the next OL special edition they can use a photo of an old Excalibur that says Fountain on it and use it to honor Reggie? Hey if RF Powerboats doesn't want to invest in tooling right now, why not follow in the footsteps of the Aronow family and just license the name? My point is, these brands have heritage and when you whore out your name to the highest (or...only) bidder, you diminish it.

Last edited by OldSchoolKV; 10-22-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
If you don't think Don would have utilized technology to it's fullest if he was still around building boats you are sadly mistaken. Don was an innovator. Just look at all the boat companies and different designs he created.
Cutting a Cig 39 in half to make a Cat? hmmmmm....

Let me throw my hat and my tie into this :

Lexus , if the Toyota people can put leather into a Corolla and sell it ..good for them!

Shelby Cars, HA...Carroll where did you find those " Old " Chassis again you say...said the Judge!

Fountain Boats, sorry to hear their gone again , or are they back?

The only cheese grater I own is in my kitchen... and my wife knows how it works I think...

If they want to make an Aronow boat , someone will by it...just look at the MB version of the Cigarette.....

Big Rob

Last edited by BigRob; 10-22-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling like a state school kid
Old 10-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Congrats Scot you too have now drank the olmighty Kool Aid.
What's wrong with the Kool Aid?

And don't forget there was a 25 AT sipping Kool-Aid driver in the race! Crazy as it sounds to even me.

And you thought Martini. It's kool aid!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
If you don't want to be stereotyped, then why do you drive that lexus??? I thought you were Jewish from the second I saw you behind the wheel.
Let's face it...Lexus is a lot less polarizing than a BMW or mb. I don't want to get way off topic but I think you get my point. This is the same exact reason why some people didn't buy Ed hardy clothing. Sure it looked cool but for some they didn't want to be categorized or stereotyped. It's common logic and does influence buyers. Believe it or not. The same hold true with buying any product. Get a bad name or poor press...it will be reflected in sales.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 10-22-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

I dont care who makes a boat, it can break. Period. I have seen them all break. Outerlimits had a F2 break apart and so has any boat that raced. The weight is also an issue. Look a 38 top gin will run 88 with 525 at 10,000 pounds. Whats the outerlimits weigh? I bet 7000-8000. The cig is a fast boat for the weight. They are all nice from A/T to outerlimits. Its a preference. The cig is a beast.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchoolKV
LMAO! Outerlimits announces a "special edition" boat to "honor" the founder of one of their key competitors. They even went so far as to include a photo of a Cigarette in the background of their rendering. Clearly this is no more than an obvious money-grab by Michael Aronow and a pretty poor marketing idea by OL.

When you've got half of OSO laughing at you, a company rep being called a douche, and the Banana Boat guy rushing to your defense, I'd call that a misfire!

There are a lot of brands that can claim a bit of Aronow in their lineage...OL aint one of em! Think they'll ever sell one?
Nice first post...
Old 10-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=OldSchoolKV;3534053]
Originally Posted by stainless

Oh, you mean the boat that says Cigarette on the side? Yeah, but you get the idea. Maybe for the next OL special edition they can use a photo of an old Excalibur that says Fountain on it and use it to honor Reggie? Hey if RF Powerboats doesn't want to invest in tooling right now, why not follow in the footsteps of the Aronow family and just license the name? My point is, these brands have heritage and when you whore out your name to the highest (or...only) bidder, you diminish it.
The boat was a 32' Cary with the name "the cigarette" on the side. The year was 1969. This hull was to be a prototype for his lines of cigarette hulls that followed. Come on now.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Registered

The boat had twin 475 hp Mercruisers, and was Not a Cigarette.
It was a Cary secretly built under the name of a friend's Florida boatbuilding company to Aronow specifications since he was under a no compete restriction to the purchaser of one of his former companies.
Always the innovator,Aronow named it THE CIGARETTE after a fast 50' commuter hull built for New Yorker Gorden Hammersley by the legendary Gar Wood.
This is all in SEARACE pages 96-100.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No ones said Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.