Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264485-outerlimits-offering-don-aronow-limited-edition-sv43.html)

OL40SVX 10-21-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3533442)
The name DA next to an oval... I think Skip may have a problem with this LOL

Skip has no rights to the name Don Aronow. Problem solved. It's been a pleasure to work with Michael Aronow and making this boat come to fruition.

OL40SVX 10-21-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 78CIG24 (Post 3533437)
I don't see the "l" issue, I get it,...it's not like it is the "1" symbol and it celebrates the most famous of his boats that had the "l" on it..unlike the "1" associated with CRT......crap, now I am confused :-)

Still, should be a very nice boat...but 525s???? If he was still here, Mr. Aronow would kicks someone's a$$ if that is what they put in that boat.....needs to be 1350s or nothing .... of course, I can say that since I won't be paying for them. LOL

Dave

Dave, base motor are 525. Power options are unlimited for this hull.

DollaBill 10-21-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3533447)
Skip has no rights to the name Don Aronow. Problem solved. It's been a pleasure to work with Michael Aronow and making this boat come to fruition.

Well as they say, it's not about who is right or wrong, but who has the deepest pockets ;) And 'ol skip can throw a mil at this one like it's lunch

OL40SVX 10-21-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3533458)
Well as they say, it's not about who is right or wrong, but who has the deepest pockets ;) And 'ol skip can throw a mil at this one like it's lunch

Ok whatever.

DollaBill 10-21-2011 07:08 PM

Matter of fact if I were skip I would just get together with the mfg's Don designed and take the position that "they" are the only ones who can claim any relationship to DA. But thats just me ;).

Nice looking boat though.

Oh and Matt, nice article. Hope you are well and I'll catch up with you soon.

Top Banana 10-21-2011 07:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Back from dinner and I can't believe that the issue is the number on the boat.

Let's remember who we are talking about....Don Aronow!! Founder of Formula, Donzi, Magnum, (partner in Cary), Cigarette, Squadron XII, USA Racing....among others.

The man won the right to have the number one. He didn't buy it or have it given to him. When he was World Champion, he had that number on his Magnum and Cary race boats....see below.

Also notice how many other names are on the boats...the Magnum has Magnum - Donzi and the Cary has Magnum on it. His Formula 233, his Magnum 27 and his Cary 32 all carried the name of the famous 30's rum runner from Brooklyn...The Cigarette.....is it ok to talk about real historical facts here??

His son was a land crew member during those World Championship seasons, drivng the race boats all over Europe to the various race sites. This is something he is doing to honor his dad and relive in a sense, his own history......and the talk is about the number??? Give me a break!! Who else deserves the right to use that number??

As far as the engines, one of the things Don loved to do was beat everyone by using less HP than everyone else had. This boat, from what I understand with the 525's should be just inside the triple digits.....anybody else out there can do that??

OL40SVX 10-21-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3533467)

Let's remember who we are talking about....Don Aronow!! Founder of Formula, Donzi, Magnum, (partner in Cary), Cigarette, Squadron XII, USA Racing....among others.

The man won the right to have the number one. He didn't buy it or have it given to him. When he was World Champion, he had that number on his Magnum and Cary race boats....see below.

Also notice how many other names are on the boats...the Magnum has Magnum - Donzi and the Cary has Magnum on it. His Formula 233, his Magnum 27 and his Cary 32 all carried the name of the famous 30's rum runner from Brooklyn...The Cigarette.....is it ok to talk about real historical facts here??

His son was a land crew member during those World Championship seasons, drivng the race boats all over Europe to the various race sites. This is something he is doing to honor his dad and relive in a sense, his own history......and the talk is about the number??? Give me a break!! Who else deserves the right to use that number??

As far as the engines, one of the things Don loved to do was beat everyone by using less HP than everyone else had. This boat, from what I understand with the 525's should be just inside the triple digits.....anybody else out there can do that??

You are correct Charlie. The boat would just touch 100 with 525.

pm203 10-21-2011 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3533467)

Ever hear the name Reggie? :D

OL40SVX 10-21-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3533472)
Ever hear the name Reggie? :D

A 42 poker run was a fast boat but didn't run 99 or 100 with 525. It ran low 90s.

pm203 10-21-2011 07:24 PM

Didn't he have a 35 that ran 100+ with 525,s?