Best all around boat around 30'

Notices

Best all around boat around 30'

Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab63
Fountain is a nice boat except the gay lefty throttle.
I could never get past that, but some people have nbd.
To me it'd b like jerkin off w the opposite hand, I could get the job done but it'd never feel right
So, if your left arm went numb, would it feel like someone else was throttling??

Old 10-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaDream07
Over nighting is not a concern. With the heat humidity in Louisiana I don't plan on the weather being right for over nighting very often.
You do know alot of boats 28ft and lager have AC right? So you can over night pretty easy with that. Just plug into shore power and flip it on
Old 10-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Out of those, I'd go with the small block Sunny as well. There's a couple in the classifieds that look really good and I like them for the same reasons.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
must be a good performer I see no other attraction
It's "no frills" boat but performs quite well. Seem to handle bigger water well for it's size and are a fast hull. Pretty sure their new hull will run about 80mph with a single 525.

Downfall to many is the 7' beam and lack of amenities. But when performance is #1 on the list it's a great candidate.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
29 Kryptonite. kthanks.
X2 if no overnighting will be required.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
It's "no frills" boat but performs quite well. Seem to handle bigger water well for it's size and are a fast hull. Pretty sure their new hull will run about 80mph with a single 525.

Downfall to many is the 7' beam and lack of amenities. But when performance is #1 on the list it's a great candidate.
If I had a dollar for everytime somebody brings up that 7' beam thing.

I bet the Y2K has more cockpit space than most boats it's size. You can have a party in the engine compartment and the cabin is huge. The boat is 32' LOA.

As far as amenities, most buyers aren't buying for that. But, you can have the boat built however you want it.

You are pretty much right on with the performace. I've seen 80 w/525 and a light load. The boats made after 2007 claim a few more MPH.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
If I had a dollar for everytime somebody brings up that 7' beam thing.

I bet the Y2K has more cockpit space than most boats it's size. You can have a party in the engine compartment and the cabin is huge. The boat is 32' LOA.

As far as amenities, most buyers aren't buying for that. But, you can have the boat built however you want it.

You are pretty much right on with the performance. I've seen 80 w/525 and a light load. The boats made after 2007 claim a few more MPH.
You'd have $20?

I don't have a problem with the beam I was just saying many people do. They want a bigger, deeper, wider boat when they get into the 30' range. Myself, I like the Y2K but I am into the "no-frills" boats that perform. Pantera, Superboat, Warlock, Activator, Kryptonite, etc. etc. And I prefer sit-down boats.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
You'd have $20?

I don't have a problem with the beam I was just saying many people do. They want a bigger, deeper, wider boat when they get into the 30' range. Myself, I like the Y2K but I am into the "no-frills" boats that perform. Pantera, Superboat, Warlock, Activator, Kryptonite, etc. etc. And I prefer sit-down boats.
Define frills? I have pretty much everything I'd need in my kryptonite minus a generator. Stereo, underwater leds, storage, cupholders, ridiculous jl audio sound system with ipod hookup..... and still a 90mph with 650hp. The only thing that kept me away from the y2k was the 7 foot beam and speed limitations. A 7 foot beam gets real hard to balance for a begginner. It's downright annoying when your idling and the boats leaning hard to one side. And if you want to go faster than 85, its not really meant to do that. You'd need monster hp to get it moving. However, if your simply looking to go offshore it is a monster. It will leave most boats, including the kryptonite, pantera, active thunder, activator(maybe)....in the dust.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
The only thing that kept me away from the y2k was the 7 foot beam and speed limitations. A 7 foot beam gets real hard to balance for a beginner. With tabs there are no "balance" problems, it runs just like a big boat except the single makes you drag a little tab to keep the minor lean out (more pronounced with a 5 blade prop). It's downright annoying when your idling and the boats leaning hard to one side. They are perfectly level unless everyone goes to one side, this is not a jon boat. And if you want to go faster than 85, its not really meant to do that. You'd need monster hp to get it moving. The Y2K was designed to have as much as 1000 HP and will run well over 90 with 800, several run over 100 and it is 32 LOA. However, if your simply looking to go offshore it is a monster. It will leave most boats, including the kryptonite, pantera, active thunder, activator(maybe)....in the dust. If you have the skills, any of those boats in that size range require a significant amount of "driving".
FIFY
Old 10-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ted G
FIFY
All very true. That being said if I were in the
Market for a y2k I'd take a look at jonnys superboat with the 525. Clean and fast boat!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.