PSIRacing 6 Cylinder Eliminator...Finally 129MPH >

PSIRacing 6 Cylinder Eliminator...Finally 129MPH

Notices

PSIRacing 6 Cylinder Eliminator...Finally 129MPH

Old 10-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Brendan! I came from a tuner background before I got to boats and the 2JZ was the holy grail motor. So cool to see in a daytona!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Very nice, you can convert the block to dry sump by the way if you start pushing more revs. I did it with mine, worked great. If you have any questions feel free to send me over a pm...I know pretty much every trick on that motor, and the rb26
Old 10-24-2011, 03:50 PM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by madhatter42
a 2j! That is one hell of a motor. Did you do anything internally to it?

I had 3 Street/Drag Supras all making over 1200rwhp about 5 years ago....

One with 1400rwhp+ with a 2spd glide...car ran 8.19@181mph...

You cannot kill that motor with 1000hp...I'm glad seeing it running in a marine application!

Stock rods/Pistons will hold about 800torque before they die...

Rods and Pistons in the block, she'll hold 1200 no problem...stroke it out, and you make even bigger power, but it's one of the finest power plants to come out, the heads don't flow over 315cfm..that was the only drawback, you can CNC them to get about 340 but it's a big lift and have to run a very aggressive duration to flow. For the kind of power I think you're pushing, that looks like a small shaft 63? It must be fantastic...
Good to see you know your 2J's, the motor is built but with a factory 3.0L crankshaft...camshafts arent to aggrexive cause it only aggravates the hole getting on plane issue...I totally had to revamp my way of thinking, in comparison to my drag racing history cause so much of that just doesnt apply....its been a crazy learning curve and a hole lotta patience but I cant be happier with the outcome.... I know they take some serious abuse with stock internals but we all know that in the marine world, stresses on a engine are far worse then any automotive comparison. its been the same engine since day 1 and I knew from when I started this that there is no better 6 cylinder that could handle this kind of abuse continually...ill keep posting up progress guys...
Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

If you still had the ignition stock setup...you could do some timing tricks to get more HP...since you're raw water cooled , cooling won't be an issue (I'm presuming you are).....264 duration would run just fine.

You'll be fine, she looks great!

Did you AEM, Big Stuff, DFI, Motec it?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 PM
psi
Registered

Hey madhatter42, yes it is raw water cooled....and I use a Haltech stand alone ecu...
Old 10-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered

Sweet!!! Been following another thread u got, congrats!!!!
Post a vid, and get some good audio I wanna hear that fukker hittin the rrrrr`s and blow off
Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Brendan, your getting close to Teague's 144mph mark....hahaha, but seriously, 129mph in a 25 footer is amazing... Congrats!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Super impressive! Keep blazing the trail, eventually others will follow along!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is awesome Brendan nice work! I have a pair of Toyota turbos in my boat also but for some reason they say Yanmar on them.

Do you have any experience with diesels?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 AM
psi
Registered

@scarab63...definitely gonna get some video next time out...wanna position the go pro in a good spot where it can still catch whats goin on in the cockpit but not get to much wind noise...ill figure it out..

@pokerrun388...been thinking alot about that 144MPH run that Teague did and hey you never know....not sure if I really wanna drive it that fast....im sure if i put a bigger prop and really let it sit there who knows what would happen...the thing of what im trying to accomplish is great acceleration...I mean now it must of went from 60-129mph in a matter of about 20 seconds....its crazy...lets see what happens...im beyond excited and gratefull!!!

@JasonSmith...Thanks...im gonna stay with it

@pstorti....Thank you...Diesals are great and can handle gobs amount of boost...unfortunately I dont really deal with them...Sorry!

Thanks again guys...stay tuned for a vid!! Gotta give mee a couple weeks, got 1 change Im gonna make!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.