Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's the best V-Bottom @ 50-60 MPH? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/264701-whats-best-v-bottom-%40-50-60-mph.html)

OldSchool 10-25-2011 10:27 AM

What's the best V-Bottom @ 50-60 MPH?

Here's a good one that I don't believe has been covered..... but has the potential to be a good discussion. Some people (most likely more than 90%) don't give a chit who's boat is the fastest with identical power, but enjoy boating and want a quality ride at cruise. I personally know that I spend most of my boating time in my boat @ 50-60 mph (3300-4000 rpms). I also enjoy knowing that I can go out in just about anything that my local water (Chesapeake Bay) can throw at me and not have to worry about it. Full head, amenities, sound system, looks of the boat, paint schemes,etc...

I'm the first to admit that there are many boats that are better than my own.... But I have what I have and I'm keeping it! :)

OK, let's hear opinions, no facts please! :drink:

78CIG24 10-25-2011 10:32 AM

I'm not seeing the Bayliner option in the poll...can you fix that for us?

:lolhit:

Dave

OldSchool 10-25-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 78CIG24 (Post 3536172)
I'm not seeing the Bayliner option in the poll...can you fix that for us?

:lolhit:

Dave

LOL Ummm, no :D :D

I actually voted for the Nor-Tech, but it was close for me between the Formula, Cigarette and Nor-Tech. One of the most enjoyable boating trips that I've ever been on was on a 43 NT V w/700's. Awesome boat!!

Formulas have everything that one could want for this style of boating (Let's call it High Performance Cruising), but an older design (which still works IMO)

Cigarette.... Well I own an old-azz Cig and it's a tank with a full cabin and enclosed head. Love it! :)

drpete3 10-25-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3536169)
Here's a good one that I don't believe has been covered..... but has the potential to be a good discussion. Some people (most likely more than 90%) don't give a chit who's boat is the fastest with identical power, but enjoy boating and want a quality ride at cruise. I personally know that I spend most of my boating time in my boat @ 50-60 mph (3300-4000 rpms). I also enjoy knowing that I can go out in just about anything that my local water (Chesapeake Bay) can throw at me and not have to worry about it. Full head, amenities, sound system, looks of the boat, paint schemes,etc...

I'm the first to admit that there are many boats that are better than my own.... But I have what I have and I'm keeping it! :)

I bet if you add "My boat" as a choice it would end up number one in the poll.

DollaBill 10-25-2011 11:17 AM

great thread. The only boat on the poll Ive never run or run in would be AT, so I cant make a judgement. With that being said, looking at operating costs etc I would choose Cig first, then and Apache 41 if money is NO object. I love the 42 Fountain, but lets face it it cant hang with a cig or apache in anything over4's

Hematite 10-25-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3536169)

WOW, finally, a thread that actually appeals to the 95% of ALL boat owners who could care less how "fast" a boat is but instead how enjoyable is the ride, quality, amenities and handling. Coincidently, normal use of any boat is at cruise or less speed 95% of the time. Excellent question Old School!
I voted Formula simply because their ride quality is legendary and my analysis of the quality of ingredients and ergonomics says that this brand appeals to me the most. As you asked, no facts, just personal appeal.

POWERPLAY J 10-25-2011 11:26 AM

Good thread for the 20 or so people that have been in them on the list LOL.

78CIG24 10-25-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3536181)
LOL Ummm, no :D :D

I actually voted for the Nor-Tech, but it was close for me between the Formula, Cigarette and Nor-Tech. One of the most enjoyable boating trips that I've ever been on was on a 43 NT V w/700's. Awesome boat!!

Formulas have everything that one could want for this style of boating (Let's call it High Performance Cruising), but an older design (which still works IMO)

Cigarette.... Well I own an old-azz Cig and it's a tank with a full cabin and enclosed head. Love it! :)

OK, well I guess I have to vote for CIG....but for the record, it's your fault for not adding Bayliner to the poll :-)

But, you are right about the Formula, nice solid ride too!

:drink:

Dave

drpete3 10-25-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J (Post 3536211)
Good thread for the 20 or so people that have been in them on the list LOL.

and in all conditions. lol

OldSchool 10-25-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by drpete3 (Post 3536182)
I bet if you add "My boat" as a choice it would end up number one in the poll.

Originally Posted by drpete3 (Post 3536214)
and in all conditions. lol

Thanks for your input!!:kiss::grinser010::drink::evilb: