Full price offer on the Saber!

Old 11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full price offer on the Saber!

Ha! What do you guys think? Emailed through OSO. It is as follows:

Hello

Thanks for the mail,

Am okay with the boat and the asking price, I will like you to know that i will be sending you a non refundable deposit in a check.the deposit is to hold the boat available as i want my agent to come and inspect the boat on my behalf at the moment.

You are to deduct $1,000.00 non refundable deposit from the check as your deposit to secure the boat available.

The $1,000.00 non refundable deposit you are deducting from the check is for you to hold the boat available due to the fact that i do not want to lose this boat, the difference of the check should be wire to my agent via western union money transfer after you must have received the check and deducted your own share $1,000.00 non refundable deposit.

The $1,000.00 is not part of the sale asking price for the boat it only a non refundable deposit to hold the boat available for my agent to arrive in your location to inspect the boat as soon as you receive the deposit from the courier service in your location.

I want my agent to come to your location and inspect the boat in person with you.

All the information needed in this- transaction will be forwarded to you after you must have received the deposit payment from courier service, my agent -information as soon as you received the payment package.

Your full sale asking price will be paid to you via bank transfer after my agent has finished inspecting the boat, I will be responsible for applicable Sales Tax.

Please confirm this and provide payment information for check payment to be delivered to you via Courier. Payment Information:

1,Your legal name,

2, Full contact address

3, Zip Code

4, Cell Phone#
Old 11-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

I got one of those on my last boat i sold. Contacted the supposed bank for the certified funds and ended up being a fraud. Let him send you the check and fax it to the bank so they can have the fraud dept look into it.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

Ya, I've seen almost the same email posted here before as fraud.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Scam...stay away.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Be careful with a check - if they even send you one. I got one of these back in 2006 and they did in fact send a check. I deposited it in my Wachovia account. Of course, it bounced and the deal didnt go thru. But, Wachovia deemed it a Nigerian fraud scheme and dropped me/cancelled my account after doing business with them for almost 10 years. Heck, I was 99.9% sure it was fake but I wanted to be a prick.

Moral of the story is stay as far away from that stuff as possible. There is no sense in jeopardizing your bank account especially when you know that this is total crap. Matter of fact I tried opening a business account with Wachovia this past spring and I was still in the system and they wouldnt let me open an account - dont associate yourself with that bull$hit.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SCAM I got one of them on a outdrive I was selling
Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered

Check my post on my mistress in the Cig forum. Cute.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got a few of those too. All pretty much the same BS SCAM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Scam!!!!!