Question for anyone who went to court with an engine builder

Notices

Question for anyone who went to court with an engine builder

Old 10-31-2011, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by innerrage
a louieville bat is cheaper than a lawyer,and say he must have trip and landed face first
I do like your thinking. I cannot endorse it, but I do like it. I like the self-help approach to bastard problems.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

depends on the state, this is a small claims case and most states have limits. And don't let all these people fool you that you need a lawyer. If you have proof and it's cut and dry go for it, if not then maybe hire a lawyer. I won a case once by just showing showing proof in receipts and I walked out with my money. His lawyer did not say a word.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mean streak
We have blown out alot of tires over the years, and pull over and change it. Not flip truck and trailer, plus you bought cheap tires. Ever think it might be your fault? Goes the same with the motor, the owner choose to install it. Not his fault either? Sounds like both of yall go the cheap route then want to sue somebody else when its your fault.
I understand your comments however, (going off subject a bit)
I bought 2 Carlisle to match the rest on the trailer. Put it on rear. Didn't know the widespread defects at the time. Price wasn't the issue, matching the rest seemed right. The tire blew and dissintegrated, didn't just go flat. Rim dug into pavement and actualy the studs broke off, rim a mile away. I been trailering since early 70's, and luckily I didn't slam on the brakes. We could have flipped at high speed, (65-70) instead of just flipping at the end of the "ride" (20-25). Legal issues didn't even enter my mind untill a year later, finding out all the recals, defects and DOT issues with Carlisle. A consumer has the "right to rely" on products and services. While brand "A" (say Tylenol) may be better then a generic Aspirin, one would not think the generic will kill you. Never the less you are correct the "fault" is mine buying Carlisle. The liability lies with the tire co.
In service related issues, (IE motor rebuild) one would reasonably expect the place would complete the job to the satsifaction of the customer. It may not be a custom motor like Sterling, Potter, Fonz. etc, but they should work properly once completed. If I go to a high end restaurant for a burger, I get a 1/2 pound 1" sandwitch, if I go to a cheap fast food place, I still expect "ground meat" and not Alpo canned dog food.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh joy...I have 4 new carlisles on my trailer. Should have went with marathons instead!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
heres another question that would be slander related....

He doesn't have a website. I can buy the domain name for his business for $7 per year. If i build a website and list the details of how he screwed me as the content, and also have a section where others can comment on my situation, or share how they have also been screwed by the same builder, could he go after me or that ?
Start reading at post #47:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...bblades-5.html

Do you remember the ElimiNordic melt down? That was a classic!! Here is the webpage the guy he screwed set up:

http://blog-bbb.com/tag/dan-jape/

I say screwed, I don't know the story but website seems to show this guy has his sh1t together, so should yours!

Great advice above about anyone can sue anyone for any thing!!! You could do nothing wrong and be a few hundred grand in the hole on legal fees is the other guys wants to dig that deep...

(ps- the sister of my wifes secretary sent a text message to her cousin about us having an open house we were having for our new business. That girl forwarded the text message to a friend who showed it to my wifes previous employer who is now suing us saying that was solicitation of his patients. $170K in legal fees in 10 months and still won't see a court room until next April-May. Expecting another $100K in legal fees between now and then. We put an ad in the paper, he files some thing we have to respond to, they file a response to that, we file a response to that; more money, more money, more money. The worst part is when we win our counter claim, it won't be worth chasing the money).

The legal system is a JOKE!!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by flight club
What if he has some bigger ''FRIENDS''? LOL. Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish, been there, done that, just move on to someone else and go boating.
This is your best advise so far.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I understand your comments however, (going off subject a bit)
I bought 2 Carlisle to match the rest on the trailer. Put it on rear. Didn't know the widespread defects at the time. Price wasn't the issue, matching the rest seemed right. The tire blew and dissintegrated, didn't just go flat. Rim dug into pavement and actualy the studs broke off, rim a mile away. I been trailering since early 70's, and luckily I didn't slam on the brakes. We could have flipped at high speed, (65-70) instead of just flipping at the end of the "ride" (20-25). Legal issues didn't even enter my mind untill a year later, finding out all the recals, defects and DOT issues with Carlisle. A consumer has the "right to rely" on products and services. While brand "A" (say Tylenol) may be better then a generic Aspirin, one would not think the generic will kill you. Never the less you are correct the "fault" is mine buying Carlisle. The liability lies with the tire co.
In service related issues, (IE motor rebuild) one would reasonably expect the place would complete the job to the satsifaction of the customer. It may not be a custom motor like Sterling, Potter, Fonz. etc, but they should work properly once completed. If I go to a high end restaurant for a burger, I get a 1/2 pound 1" sandwitch, if I go to a cheap fast food place, I still expect "ground meat" and not Alpo canned dog food.
What your saying makes no sense. If you lost your rim, your lug nuts had become loose, the rim starts moving around, gets looser and looser, shears off the studs. While this is going on the tire is getting hoter and hoter and is flying apart because the rim is loose. When you have a flat or blow out the rim does not fly off the trailer, or does the truck and trailer flip over doing 25 mph. Thats some story that you are blaming on one tire and rim. Your story sounds worst than the guy with the motor issue.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, here we go...