Notices

Hudson River Raft UP

Old 06-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hudson River Raft UP

Good Morning All,

Was up on the river this weekend, couldn't ask for better weather.

Well here are some of the thoughts for this coming weekend. Any (well most) suggestions or ideas are welcome and appreciated. Please let me know what you think.

We are going to meet at the Bear Mountain bridge at 10:00am. On the south/west side there is a cove where we can meet up in nice calm water. I was trying to find a place to have breakfast earlier but the two places I had in mind, Bayview and Another point of View don't open until 11:30. If anyone knows of somewhere else I would be interested.
There are several people that are trailering in from out of the area that would like to meet up and run next to someone on the way down (or up) to Bear Mt. If you can help send me a reply back and let me know where you will be launching from.

At 10:30 we are going to head down to the final raft up spot as a group. "HotBoat" (from the OSO board) has a surprise in the works. I will not share at this point because it is not a done deal but it is important that we are all there and leave on time together.

The trip down should take about 40mins @ 65mph.

The final destination is going to be midway between the Tapanzee and the GWB on the west side (NJ). We are not sure how the raft up is going to work. Depending on the number of boat and water conditions we may want to tie up in smaller groups so that boats do not get damaged. The other concern is the water conditions during the time when 150+ boats go passing by.

The Poker Run is scheduled to start at 12:00. The last few years it has been delayed (its gotta be a bear getting all those boats organized) however, we need to make sure we are well out of the way and situated so that we do not interfere. It looks like we are going to have about 20-30 boats in our group and could be considerably more by the end of the week.

Another note; I would like to ask that we all wear life jackets and lanyards (if available) because its smart! Although we have no official affiliations with either OSO or the NYC Poker Run we are going to be a substantial group. We all represent the Powerboating community as a whole and need to act responsibly.

Thanks you,
Chris.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Registered

TTT
Old 06-10-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Tantrum,

I think we will leave ahead of the start and raft up with you guys to watch the big dogs go flying bye and then join in teh poker run later. See you Saturday.

Shane
Old 06-10-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

I thought that the group was going to watch the run from the TZ bridge? What caused the group to move south approx. 7 miles? I will be launching from Newburgh in the am. I will follow the posts and make a decision on what I am going to do, now that the plans have changed a bit.

Dave
Old 06-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Registered

Dave,
Paul (HotBoat) and I were talking about this the other night. Based on what we have both seen in the past we thought the boats would be a little more grouped and running harder at this point. It should only take us another 5 minutes down the river.
Im just trying to keep everyone focused on the idea and let them know we are going to be there.
Please let us know what you think.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

My intent was not to "rock the boat". I am looking forward to meeting both of you and a few others that are comming from the north and west. I would just prefer to see the first few boats cross the "finish line" at the TZ bridge. I have watched this event for a few years at the bridge and honestly, I could count on one hand the spectator boats that have been there. Yes, you are correct that at the 1/2 way point they might be a little more bunched up, but from what I have seen, they are running just as hard at the finish. I intend to meet up with a small group at Newburgh, run with them down to the Bear Mt. bridge, hopefully meet you and everyone else then follow the pack south, but I will be stopping at the TZ bridge. If this is not acceptable to you or anyone else, or does not fit in with your plans, just let me know.

Dave
Old 06-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Bo
Registered

Default Upper Hudson River group heading to raft up

We have probably 3-5 Boats leaving the Albany/Catskill area Saturday morning roughly 8:30-9AM heading to Newburgh to (hopefully) meet up with the 10 AM group thats leaving there. Anyone interested in launching or leaving from our vicinity let me know and we'll make sure we give last minute definite times and Location for departure. I believe we'll have a conservative cruise speed of approx 40-45mph. At this point I think we'll be leaving Catskill closer to 8:30ish. K, Cya

My email is [email protected] for anyone interested
Old 06-11-2002, 04:54 PM
Registered

Bo,

I will be waiting at Newburgh for you and your group. I will be at the launch next to Gully's.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

Chris,

Looks like me and my son will be there. I will call you tomorrow or thurs to finalize some plans.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:00 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll be runnin' the 13 as hard as I did last year. I'll also keep a lookout for the raft ups and try and stop by!
Attached Thumbnails Hudson River Raft UP-sharkwave2.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Hudson River Raft UP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.