Notices

44' Magic Cat

Old 06-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 44' Magic Cat

While at Havasu, we shot a couple pics of the new 44' Magic Cat...thought you guys (and girls) might like to see it...

Rear Shot

Side Shot

...and the Tow rig

I don't know about power, but it looked liked triple #6's from the back...I've heard rumors about very plush amenities...but I can't confirm.
Old 06-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Registered

Arrow

Originally posted by catmando
Doesn't look like it's that long in the pics.
Yeah...looks like a 28' on steroids...triples, though?

BTW..MrHavasuCat has a new ride...looks like a new screenname is coming...
Old 06-11-2002, 08:32 PM
Registered

I was just looking at it on their website. Good looking new boat. Interesting deep center pod though.
Old 06-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the photos, the boat has triple 572ci with our 3.3L single SC/intercooled setups. All polished and pretty

Thanks,
Dustin
Old 06-11-2002, 11:49 PM
Drew

Dustin don't forget the generator, a/c and flat screen tv a 30" I think with dvd of course. Had the pleasure of a walk through when checking out a friends 34' Sleek still in the mold couple a weeks ago. That 44 cat is long and wide! Runs flat and looked heavy on the water though. They were prop testing one day. No idea of speed.

Old 06-12-2002, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was in Havasu this weekend (with HavasuCat) and the Top Gun is awesome. We saw the new Magic 44' cat. It does look like an overgrown 28' cat. It was f*cking huge though! I really didn't like the grey interior of the boat also. I asked the guy driving it what it had for power, and he told me triple 900's and it ran 95mph, I was thinking to myself that with those #'s , I doubt they will sell many.... if any of them. We kind of doubted that it had 900's. I personally didn't like the boat. A Skater/ Specter/ DCB Mach 34' really look awesome, and are very "racy" looking, while this Magig wasn't at all. Not trying offend magic owners, just my .02
Old 06-12-2002, 02:29 AM
Boating Fool

The 44 cat is a 28' on steriods. They were just building the molds when my dad bought his 28'. They just took the 28 and computer enhanced or enlarged it to 44'. Part of the reason it has a 12' beam. Magic has stated all along that this cat is not going to compete with your Skaters and other big fast cats. It is more of a luxury pleasure cat that has 6ft headroom in the cuddy. Also the amenties it has it out of the world. Their is a lot of info on it on riverracerx.com under sleekcraft/magic.

They actually built this boat heavier than expected (around 15000lbs). So there are still fine tuning it since it was the first one. Engine package was supposed to be triple custom built engines that were supposed to put out around 800-850 each I believe and run in the 90s. The price tag on one of these is also supposed to come in at or below $500K. Not bad for a big cat.

Old 06-12-2002, 02:32 AM
Boating Fool

Oh yeah, to give you an idea on its size. The pic of it beached. Isn't that a 30 to 34 baja sitting next to it. It towers over that baja.

Old 06-12-2002, 05:17 AM
Boating Fool

I agree 15000 is a lot for a cat. The 28 weighs in at about 3800 lbs. They are looking to cut about 3000lbs off the next ones. I know that I would rather have a little more the first time than not enough.

They did the same thing with the first 28 cat they built. Had some extra weight in they first one the built. Wasn't all that fast. It was in powerboat mag in July 01. Even powerboat stated that it was heavy. They then refined it, put it on a diet and took it back to powerboat for the Dec 01 issue. Powerboat loved it after it was lighter and had some big power in it.

Old 06-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI- Gary Montano's Nor-Tech 5000 was an early production version and w/ all of the extra gear and the turbine set-up weighs in w/ 400 gallons of fuel at 20,000 lbs and hits 153 MPH. Our latest production versions w/ a pair of 1000's and a basic cabin has a dry weight of 13,000 lbs. Light on fuel we're seeing about 130 MPH. Basically, the more goodies up front the slower she goes. We think if you want the lux cabin then stay with the V-bottom. Here's our latest cat w/ Torque 1150's

Quick Reply: 44' Magic Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.