Notices

The trip to Key West

Old 11-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The trip to Key West

We are towing down for the run and wanted to get fuel previous to launching @ Grove Harbor marina in Miami. Here in NY we have Ethanol in out fuel and wondered if FL or GA did not have Ethanol so we can get some good clean 93 in the ride? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated and we are only towing a 35' Fountain so we can maneuver pretty easy in and out of places. Thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Registered
VIP Member

"only a 35 Fountain". I know you were talking about manuevering ( spelled wrong I'm sure ) A 35 Fountain is one bad ass boat, and hauling that bad boy all the way down their is a job and a half. I say this because it kinda sounded like you were not giving your boat its credit, like you were intimidated by the other boats. You may be a veteran at this or a rookie, I don't know, but you and your Fountain are gonna be awesome. Good luck, but more importantly, be safe and have fun
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Registered

the only non ethanol we have down here is a 90 octane recreational blend. what kind of power you have in your fountain
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Registered

This might help

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=FL
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Fast boats carry's 93 in non ethanol there in Pompono.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
"only a 35 Fountain". I know you were talking about manuevering ( spelled wrong I'm sure ) A 35 Fountain is one bad ass boat, and hauling that bad boy all the way down their is a job and a half. I say this because it kinda sounded like you were not giving your boat its credit, like you were intimidated by the other boats. You may be a veteran at this or a rookie, I don't know, but you and your Fountain are gonna be awesome. Good luck, but more importantly, be safe and have fun
Thank you and the 35 is a great boat and we do love it, however this is smaller then most of the guys we run with as well as most of the FPC crowd and the boats I tow for lots of friends.

Originally Posted by keeponplanewayne
the only non ethanol we have down here is a 90 octane recreational blend. what kind of power you have in your fountain
Just little stock Merc 600's with #6's but they like the 93. We are full now so we will see. These little OEM stock EFI's get great economy @ 1.5 mi per gallon and we hold 180 gallons so we will make KW without a problem. The only thing we may pass is a gas station

Here is a pic of the little 35', we used it for our poster for the Make-A-Wish "Swamp Run" this season. Look us up this week/weekend, we are running on Thursday then myself and my other half are tying the knot on Friday in KW .