Notices

Geico take out turbines?

Old 11-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Geico take out turbines?

Since there are no other turbines racing and Geico team have done so much for the sport would it make sense to take out the turbines and race with the other unlimited superboats? It can't be fun racing around by yourself all the time....

I think it might make sense to combine some of the other classes as well. Of course i think they would need to change the concept and go back to longer courses to make the teams more competitive.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered

My point is why not race with other boats. Geico team is great for the sport, but even they will get board racing by themselves all the time...
Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

plenty of turbine boats out there to race Geico.... Just some have circumstances that keep those teams off the water right now...
Old 11-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would they have they taken out the turbines before the races end??? In distinction to the Cintron, on Friday the Miss Geico had been running sooo smooothly!! But they did of course have nobody to play with... And now the Cintron is out there and the Geico has gone? Have they perhaps in the end gotten tired of racing against farters? I thought they liked them (in distinction to me), at least according to Scottyīs words?

I donīt understand this, and am thus fearing the worst.
Pleeeeease Scotty or Marc, explain to us what is happening!!??
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered

I didn't mean taking them out for this year, i meant next year. But if other turbines are expected then they should keep them in.

I figured they would not want to race another whole season as the only turbine boat again..

I did not see Geico out there today, any news on that?
Old 11-13-2011, 01:48 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Paradise island

Maybe you should keep your racing advice to yourself until you put your own ass and $ on the line for nothing more than a pat on the back.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

People love turbines.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isnt the thread starter just commenting on a lack of competition and saying that they arent really racing a lot of the time ?
I dont think he is trying to save the racing industry.

He's just making an obvious point.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
People love turbines.
Boring... Need more loud azz blown big cube boats like Cat Can Do.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBS
Maybe you should keep your racing advice to yourself until you put your own ass and $ on the line for nothing more than a pat on the back.
I didnīt give any advice. First read, then think (if you can), and only then should you post.

Nonetheless, your post hints a why you donīt want to race: You just use your boat as a fun business device: Super party team, flame throwers called afterburners, blah blah etc. p.p. I have called you a pretender before, and I now feel confirmed in that judgement. And on top you make fun about those who do race.

You are not a racer. You are just a showman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.