Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Joey Gratton Memorial Celebration Service >

Joey Gratton Memorial Celebration Service

Notices

Joey Gratton Memorial Celebration Service

Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so sorry for your loss. My daughter and I have been following offshore and your father since '99. Prayers be with you and your family.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I barely know anyone on OSO let alone race boat teams and family. I sit here with a tear running down my face knowing what your going thru. I am soo deeply sorry for your loss! All my prayers. Jeff

Last edited by bobo1; 11-14-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joey kept seeing me at races talking to racers and hanging around the GEICO pits. We met and talked. He made me feel welcome and I made it a point to stop by his pits and say hello every race I went to. We partied at AJ's in Destin and Live Bait in Orange Beach.

My heart is heavy with grief and pain.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Godspeed guys, I wish I could make it down to say goodbye to my friend.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

I wish i could attend .......joey was a great person.....he will be in our thoughts along with his family and freinds forever.....

Danny Crank
Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered

Default Panama Jack

I knew Joey from the old old days. Then recently as I was one of the commentators for World races in Key West where we rekindled old memories. I am sorry I can not make the celebration Wednesday. Your dad was bigger than life and wil be so missed. My prayers and deepest thoughts are with you all. Capt. Bruce Blomgren
Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered

Blake and Brock
My heartfelt condolences and full support to you boys and Priscilla. I am still in shock with this devastating tragedy. We have all lost an awesome person and fantastic sportsman.
I first met you boys, your father and mother as well as the Page’s at the APBA World Championships in Biloxi, Mississippi in 1998. Your Dad and Steve were racing the Hooters Tandem A- boat. It was my first time back in a race boat since a horrendous crash in a Modified class 36’ Skater several months prior. My family was there and still very uncertain about my getting back into a race boat…..that is until my wife met your mother and father in the laundry room of the Biloxi Holiday Inn that year. I don’t know for sure what exactly was said but, after the Gratton and Ferguson laundry room discussion, my wife and consequently the rest of my family were then in total support of my continuing in offshore racing. We all ended up sharing the World Champions awards stage that year, Joey and Steve becoming the World Champions in A class and I won the World Championship in Modified Class. Since then, any time that we raced together the weekend always started with big bear hugs between your Dad, Steve and I. Joey was always smiling and always willing to lend a hand if needed.
Your dad will be greatly missed and his legacy will go on forever. The offshore community has lost a true icon of the sport. We will never forget him!

Craig Ferguson