Notices

tribute lap

Old 11-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We were yelled at by the guys in the small coast guard boat.
"what you are doing is highly illegal" I asked what was Illegal and he said "what you just did".

They were very nasty!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vette131
thanks for the reply Brad. We heard rumors that john carbonell did not want the tribute to happen, thanks for clearing it up.
I heard the same but they were rumors and to JayBoats point if the spectacle of the pleasure boats completely outshined the race boats he probably did not.

I quess I just dont want to believe my Coast Guard would be influenced by such type of positioning.

Who knows?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
We were yelled at by the guys in the small coast guard boat.
"what you are doing is highly illegal" I asked what was Illegal and he said "what you just did".

They were very nasty!
I know. I really wanted them to actually write me a notice of violation but they wouldnt. There would be no way it would hold up under the simple appeal process.

I am prepareing a letter to the Sector Commander. Not that it will do any good other than to relieve my personal frustration and shame for the perception of the Coast Guard.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Admiral Barney Fife?

LARGE

Brad, feel free to use this in your documentation.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I was listening to the race feed on Sunday via the web. Between the first and second races they reported that the harbor had been closed down for a Coast Guard search and rescue on a poker run participant that had been ejected as the Poker fleet was leaving the Harbor. Never saw anything posted about it on OSO.

I guess the parade lap incident is what the radio was miss-reporting on and the real reason the Coast Guard closed the harbor down during that time.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Default c y a ? u b de judge...

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I was listening to the race feed on Sunday via the web. Between the first and second races they reported that the harbor had been closed down for a Coast Guard search and rescue on a poker run participant that had been ejected as the Poker fleet was leaving the Harbor. Never saw anything posted about it on OSO.

I guess the parade lap incident is what the radio was miss-reporting on and the real reason the Coast Guard closed the harbor down during that time.
I am leaning toward a bs call on that.

Here's what I saw:

I was right there at the jetty and they were stopped right in front of me. The group was tight and running steady, and... *

never cleared the end of the jetty.

In the above shot, the CG cutter is no more than fifty feet from the end of the jetty.
They were wot heading to cut them off long before as the boats were just clearing the mole!

* (the group looked and sounded phucking awesome)

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-15-2011, 02:12 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
I am preparing a letter to the Sector Commander. Not that it will do any good other than to relieve my personal frustration and shame for the perception of the Coast Guard.
I hope you do, if for no other reason than to understand the miscommunication of calls between 2 USCG vessels who, obviously, had opposite commands... if the harbor was in fact open at that timeline, then someone better have a damm good excuse why they shut it down for just the PR squadron.. and no one else..
Old 11-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We also heard several race boats wanted to participate & they were told no by SBI.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

I would love to know the details. The CG came up on us and were extremely agitated. They were screaming commands that we were already abiding to....
Old 11-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
I would love to know the details. The CG came up on us and were extremely agitated. They were screaming commands that we were already abiding to....
Can you say ego trip! What a shame!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.