Like Tree0Likes

Key West 2011 SCOOTER PARKING TICKETS?! (& Towing)

Reply
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
  #11
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
Next time you get a ticket just put it on another scooter


Oh and they seem to frown on three people riding on one as well Lol
They write the ticket to include the license plate number.
Next year, I am just going to take someone else's plate the first day. That scooter will get towed, and I'll park mine every place I want to.

The owner/renter of my target scooter is going to have a really bad day.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:06 AM
  #12
Registered
 
seltzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northern VA
My Boats: 2002 30 spectre 500EFIs & 2009 Fountain CC twin 300 Verados
Posts: 1,047
Default

Thanks for outing me Brian. I parked in Hogs Breath parking lot not knowing i needed to pay $10 to park. Ate and drank for 2 hours and came out and both me and my friends scooters were gone. Had to jump a cab 10 miles off the island for 50 bucks. Got to the lot and the scooters were still on the flatbed. He originally wanted $210 each cash, but i know the secret hand shake and we got them back for $135 each. Ill tell you about my 2 parking tickets later.
seltzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:11 AM
  #13
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltzer View Post
Thanks for outing me Brian. I parked in Hogs Breath parking lot not knowing i needed to pay $10 to park. Ate and drank for 2 hours and came out and both me and my friends scooters were gone. Had to jump a cab 10 miles off the island for 50 bucks. Got to the lot and the scooters were still on the flatbed. He originally wanted $210 each cash, but i know the secret hand shake and we got them back for $135 each. Ill tell you about my 2 parking tickets later.
I never outed you by name. But just to clarify, you and your buddy knew the secret handshake because you BOTH own tow truck companies, right?
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 AM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbia S.C.
My Boats: 89 Talon
Posts: 1,352
Default

If Hogs Breath was charging for scooter parking thats reason enough for me not to frequent their establishment. Bastards!! What a scam. I'm glad I didn't bring my Harley and I won't again. Never had a problem parking in designated parking in yrs past but, guess things change. It's an Obamanation.
Tank it was nice meeting you at Sloppys. Thanks for keeping an eye on Beth. Bob
bulletbob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Grand Lake (E-Dock Junior Varsity)
My Boats: 24 Skater, 292 SR-1 Formula, 382 Fastech, 41 PC
Posts: 3,017
Default

We got 5 tickets while we were there! 5!!!


One of them we were standing NEXT to the scooter still and that cow STILL wrote us a ticket. What a hag!

Oh, and Adventure Rentals repo'ed our car one day because they didnt think we were using it. It was in the same parking space two days in a row (used scooters during the day, the car at night with the girls). So they hauled it back and rented it out to someone else! When we went down to get another one, they didnt have any and made us wait for one to show up. Then they gave us one with a dead battery. THEN they gave us one with a flat tire.. Buncha scam artists! What a gig, lease out a car and if you can find it you can tow it back and lease it out again! WTF!

SCOOTER NATION!!!!

Last edited by waterboy222; 11-17-2011 at 12:04 PM.
waterboy222 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM
  #16
Registered
 
JasonSmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post

@JasonSmith...
You can't leave us hanging like that! What was the "reason?"
A bum layed on his skateboard to get a look up a friends dress. I caught him & a friend and I decided he needed a good little Texas education on the proper way to conduct ones self. It just so happened he received his education on the lawn of the courthouse. Thats where we caught up to him anyway.
JasonSmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:23 PM
  #17
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

I've never rented them, because I'd NEVER be able to keep up with one through a day or night, much less an entire weekend down there. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my room key.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:12 PM
  #18
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
glassdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toledo oh
My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
Posts: 12,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
I've never rented them, because I'd NEVER be able to keep up with one through a day or night, much less an entire weekend down there. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my room key.
yep, i use to rent them but its way cheaper and easier to just cab it everywhere. Hell half the time i was in no shape to drive at the end of the night and had to get a cab anyway.

LAst time i rented one when i returned it at the end of the week the check in guy looked it over and looked at the check out sheet then looked over the scooter again and in a pretty civil manor explained that there may have been new damage according to the marks on the sheet. I looked over the sheet and the scooter and said i did not remember doing any damage but it was certainly not out side realm of possibility, couldnt really argue with the check out sheet but what the heck do what ya gotta do if there is an additional. Check in guy went and got the owner and they both looked it over and i said again i dont remember doing it but couldnt say i didnt, no biggie write up whatever you think a new fender is and lets get it done got a plane to catch. They go in to the desk and looked to discuss it a bit and the check in guy comes back out looks me in the eye and says forget about it dude. I was the first person he has ever had that didnt fly completely off the handle at the thought that they caused some damage.lol true story
__________________
Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
glassdave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:39 PM
  #19
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
CigDaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
My Boats: Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
Posts: 21,346
Default

I have one rule when I'm in KW....upon arrival, I park it and forget it. My only modes of transport are my own two feet and the occasional cab ride. I like scootering around as much as the next guy, but exactly because of sht like this I've always avoided it down there. Chalk this up to yet another reason NOT to support the local self-serving scooter/wrecker/impound taxation industry.

And don't even get me started on Hog's Breath...They'll never get another dollar from me, but that's a whole 'nother story.
CigDaze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:05 PM
  #20
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
yep, i use to rent them but its way cheaper and easier to just cab it everywhere. Hell half the time i was in no shape to drive at the end of the night and had to get a cab anyway.

LAst time i rented one when i returned it at the end of the week the check in guy looked it over and looked at the check out sheet then looked over the scooter again and in a pretty civil manor explained that there may have been new damage according to the marks on the sheet. I looked over the sheet and the scooter and said i did not remember doing any damage but it was certainly not out side realm of possibility, couldnt really argue with the check out sheet but what the heck do what ya gotta do if there is an additional. Check in guy went and got the owner and they both looked it over and i said again i dont remember doing it but couldnt say i didnt, no biggie write up whatever you think a new fender is and lets get it done got a plane to catch. They go in to the desk and looked to discuss it a bit and the check in guy comes back out looks me in the eye and says forget about it dude. I was the first person he has ever had that didnt fly completely off the handle at the thought that they caused some damage.lol true story
Did you tell him you had a great set of tools, and you could fix it in a jiffy?
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.