My First Video: 2008 Sunsation SSR >

My First Video: 2008 Sunsation SSR

Notices

My First Video: 2008 Sunsation SSR

Old 07-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My First Video: 2008 Sunsation SSR

Nothing special but my first shot at putting a video together with the new boat. About half way through the video you see me pull back on the throttles and turn back to say, "hold on". I found from the video that a boat of this size makes the wakes you encounter seem much smaller than what they show on video. My friend was running alongside and said we were lost in the trough. Pretty cool to experience such great handling characteristics moving up to this boat.

I'm a Sunny owner for life.

Here's the link:

http://goo.gl/YNyQqO
Old 07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Cookin right along. What kind of power/drives. What speed?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Crown where did you stay the 4th, didnt see your boat at Alligator like I did memorial weekend. Good looking boat!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job on the video, kudos for letting your passengers know to hold on, and the wake you went over had one heckuva splash, looked sick. My only question how does your hat stay on in the forward position without falling off, HAHA
Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Nice ride brother ! Cruiser wakes ....
Old 07-10-2014, 11:23 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm guessing you have 496 HO's in your Sunny ? It looks like it can haul the mail especially in the smooth water when you opened it up. How fast ? Wasn't 2008 the start of the pad bottom for the 32 as 2007 was the V. Always wonder if there was a big difference in rough water ride between the 2.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

Jmoore - We were down there and stayed at the same friends house which is behind the old personal performance/eli fire department. We were all over the water and often came back in later in the evening. You need to wave me down next time you see us. There are quite a few fountains down there so I'm not sure which one is yours.

So back to the boat... It does have twin 496HOs. Pre 08s had the "Intimidator" hull which was a true deep Vee. In '08 came the TS "Dominator" hull which does have a pad bottom. My understanding is the pad bottom is good for another 3-4mph. Overall ride difference in the rough is negligible from anything I have read. I have never been in an Intimidator.

While it looked smooth it still had some chop. In the last part of the run I never went past 4500 which puts the boat into the mid 70's. Top speed with this hull/power is in the 83-85 neighborhood.

As for my personal experience, we ran it in the Thunder Run two weeks back and had no issues holding the throttles at 4500-5000 most of the run. I've never ran a boat that hard because they never felt as though it could handle the water. This boat had no issues handling the water. Once the drives were trimmed the majority of the ride was easily controlled by the tabs. Putting the bow down lets you cut right through the water. Running this way would seem to me to negate any difference between a pad and a Vee.

I have only ridden in a Fountain 38' once and don't have much, if any, experience in other similar boats but from all the boats I've ridden in, this one takes the cake. My buddy is looking to sell his 29' Scarab and get a 32' Sunny now. To me, knowing him, that says a lot in its own right.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX

So back to the boat... It does have twin 496HOs. Pre 08s had the "Intimidator" hull which was a true deep Vee. In '08 came the TS "Dominator" hull which does have a pad bottom. My understanding is the pad bottom is good for another 3-4mph. Overall ride difference in the rough is negligible from anything I have read. I have never been in an Intimidator.

The Intimidator is what they called the 288 before Earnhardt's lawyers ended that....

The Innovator is the original twin step 32. It had a center steer helm with the flip up dash to access the cabin. Probably less than 10 boats made (dash/cabin entry was not user friendly) though it looked cool at the time.

Cool video but next time put your buddy in the back seat and put one or both of the girls up front!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking Great Cory. I can't wait to see my old baby in September at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The Intimidator is what they called the 288 before Earnhardt's lawyers ended that....

The Innovator is the original twin step 32. It had a center steer helm with the flip up dash to access the cabin. Probably less than 10 boats made (dash/cabin entry was not user friendly) though it looked cool at the time.

Cool video but next time put your buddy in the back seat and put one or both of the girls up front!
6 to one and half dozen to another. That's why even the factory changed the lineup

BTW the hat has a Velcro back I squeeze till right before my head pops. That's kept it on so far!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.