525 EFI Head Flow Numbers

Old 11-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore420 View Post
OK, I see.

I can tell you this, from my experience with Desk top dyno, plugging in all the numbers and running a hundred diff. combos, then picking the combo and putting it to the test on a real dyno, it was a total waist of time. DD number's weren't even in the same ball park as the actual dyno runs.
Yeah it was more for fun than anything. But I can tell you that entering the 525 cam info along with the Edelbrock head info was pretty damn close. Using the .050 cam specs was a little low (520hp @ 5500) and using the seat-to-seat was a little high(57hp @ 5500). Using a lower cfm on the intake made it reasonable. I took it from 1000 to 800 and got 557hp @ 5500 which is in the ball park.

Using 990 head flow numbers and my cam info got me within 10hp of what my actual dyno numbers were. The numbers were a little stronger in the low rpm range but still close.

Using some flow estimates from JimV, the DD numbers were pretty close to what I was told I should see with a slight bump in CR, bigger intake valves and porting. The rpm shift was exactly what he said too. But, it was more for fun.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 11-21-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 2000 Baja 36 Outlaw

Jim V. did the work on my heads. Maybe he still has the before and after flow numbers ??? I lost my sheet he gave me.