Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who bought out DICK SIMON MARINE? >

Who bought out DICK SIMON MARINE?

Notices

Who bought out DICK SIMON MARINE?

Old 06-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who bought out DICK SIMON MARINE?

Who bought out DSM? My friend let them use his outerlimits for some kind of photo shoot and they BLEW up the motors!!! It was in for service and he agreed to let them use it for a shoot shoot and it came back blown up. The new owners said they won't fix it but after a few words they are going to take care of it. All I know that it's a newer boat with big engines and #6 drives. Should be a expensise fix

Rick
Old 06-14-2002, 04:31 PM
Registered

I do not know if or who bought them out but man does that suck for your friend, at least they are fixing it. Are they going to lend him a boat to run in while his is being repaired?
Old 06-14-2002, 04:38 PM
Registered

He's only had it out a few times. He has TOOOOO many toys so he doesn't have time for it anyways. He has a 70 foot yatch at his beach house in the channel islands harbor so he don't really need it. Just sucks for him. he likes to go fast but he has plenty of cars that take care of that. He traded in his CIG for it and loves running around 90 mph in any sea condition.
Rick
Old 06-14-2002, 05:27 PM
HavasuCat

I was told that he was selling the Cig on consignment. It is sitting in the showroom right next to the OT you are talking about. It is a 2000 Top Gun with blue and red graphics.

Old 06-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your friend loaned them a boat like that, I would hope he knew who he loaned it to. I heard that DSM was for sale or being sold, your friend should know the owners.

Find out from him and give us the scoop on this deal.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2002, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Rick, I know the boat (s) you are refering to. I live in the Channel Isl. harbor. My girlfriend actually lives right next to your friends harbor house. By the way, his yatch is very nice too! A good friend of mine keeps his Fountain on a hydra hoist in front of your friends house too. I've have only seen that OL up here 1 time and that was when he bought it...They brought it up here to run it for the first time. Never seen it again up here...I heard something like it has 10 hours on it or something!! I've been meaning to stop by and introduce myself to him but haven't gotten around to it.

On the other topic, I know who bought DSM..They are good people and I'm sure after the confusion was cleared up they are going to take good care of your friends boat.

If you ever get out this way let me know....I'll get you and your friend out on a boat if he doesn't have his up here.

Take it easy.

Tank
Old 06-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Registered

Tank thanks,
The guy has a lot of other toys and he keeps them in a huge warehouse he ownes south of you. He 's only used the boat a couple of times other wise its inside his warehouse. He has a computer co in the valley and really doesn't have time for the house in the harbor either. My friend mike, uses his house in the harbor more than he does. Mike ownes channel islands scuba in ventura. If you ever need dive gear or services call him or ask Mike J. for my number. I've known Mike J for a while now and he's good people.

Rick
Old 06-15-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

You heard correctly
Old 06-16-2002, 03:08 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, the Conrad family bought DSM. I have had the opportunity to get to know the family and they are great. They are really looking forward to making DSM the best of the best.

Scarabrick,
Were you at Rusty's house when I delivered the boat? Maybe we have met? Roy and I had dinner at the house that night.
As regard to the Outerlimits....When powerboat Magazine came to DSM, they (DSM) were testing the boat and broke 1 (one) motor. DSM will take care of the boat, I'm sure of that. The Outerlimits is a sweet boat and runs good...I outta know, I brought it up to him and rode in the boat. I was also on his 70 sportfisher and that thing was bad ass! I have also been to the warehouse and seen all his toys. Man, he has alot of toys! He is alo a very nice guy. DSM just sold his 2000 Top Gun, we saw it out on the water at the DSM poker run today....By the way, I was on HavasuCat's 2001 38' TS Top Gun today and we ran 2nd out of the whole fleet today and really smoked them! The only boat in front of us was a 42' Tiger with 900's that we couldn't catch. It was a great day, but not for my sunburn again!!
Old 06-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Hey Rick,
Thanks for the offer on the dive gear, and again if you ever get out this way we'll get you out on the water for sure Cig, Scarab, Formula or something I spoke with Scott on Friday and the OL is being taken care of (at a pretty penny I might add) and DSM is going an extra step to assure there is no more problems. Scotts a good guy and is taking good care of your friends boat (S) considering he sold the gun on Friday too

Semper Fi,

Was that Kenny Boyce in the Tiger you guys couldn't catch?? Heard the run was fun...We ran from Newport to Longbeach though. Big water on the way out to Catalina I heard. Then that night some drunk f*ck in a Donzi almost runs his boat up and over the dock at Woody's ALMOST hit my buddies Cig then throws it in reverse and slams into a new 33 Scarab behind him!!

Quick Reply: Who bought out DICK SIMON MARINE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.