Dee was robbed in Key West >

Dee was robbed in Key West

Notices

Dee was robbed in Key West

Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

So sorry to hear this, Dee. Bad end to a not-good week.

Your equipment and ID can be replaced, I hope you had a backup of that hard drive.

My heart goes out to you.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobo

unlike where youre from ? perhaps the culprit drove down from youre neck of the woods .

I feel bad for you dee and i will keep an eye out . I copied youre list . Theres not a lot of that stuff in these little pawn shops down here . If you recorded serial #s that would help .
Thank you

Unfortunately, the only serial numbers I have are of my 3 lenses. I have all the other manuals, but never wrote down the numbers from the boxes.

The room was not ransacked, it was in pristine condition when we returned. There's no way this could have been a random break-in, it had to be some form of an inside job
Old 11-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Sorry to hear that Dee. Laura got mugged in front of LaConcia by 2 homeless chicks. All they got was a makeup bag, but they kicked the crap out of her legs and shins.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Sorry to hear that Dee. Laura got mugged in front of LaConcia by 2 homeless chicks. All they got was a makeup bag, but they kicked the crap out of her legs and shins.
I am so sorry to hear this. Hope she's feeling better. KW just seems to have been hexed this year
Old 11-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Starting in about september ,all the homeless from up north head down for the winter . Sad but true .
We have an area by the jail that they are supposed to stay at , but once they hit duval and learn to prey on good people like you , we are stuck with trhem till spring .

I love KW and am always sorry to hear such things .

Dee call 305- 296-7880 ( pawn shops )
294-2226
295-7757
294-8010 with youre #,s and ask them to keep an eye out .
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

CigDaze if you don't like Key West then don't come back. It suck what happened to Dee and whoever did this is a scumbag, BUT I am willing to bet they are a visitor just like you and not from Key West...

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Sorry to hear about that. Desperate times, I suppose. The KW scumbags are only getting worse as does the economy.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dee, make sure you go to creditreport.com and get a credit report for you and your roommates quickly. They often will try to open up CC's etc in your name to charge stuff with all your info. It prob would not be too difficult to look online for the pawn shops in the area. Chances are they are going back to Miami. Good luck to you, this sucks! Happened to me on a cruise and because it was international, my homeowners wouldn't pay. $15k or so in jewelry. Makes you feel violated!!!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently my girlfriend's car was broken into in my own back yard, They stole all of her camera equipment she uses for pet photos. Something we learned is , DO NOT call pawn shops. If you want to go to them and look and ask if they have something fine, but don't call. Whatever they take in, is described in writing to the police once a month. If they know you are looking for it they won't report it. Such was the case with an item I found of my girls stuff at a local shop. We called there, they said no no no, but when I went out of curiousity, I found something. No offense to all the good pawn people. Just thought I would pass along what the police told me and my experience.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I forget what they call it,( credit freeze?) on your name, they now have enough to become you.

Sucks, sorry to here.

Yes freeze your credit and keep a copy of the police report on yourself so if someone is writing bad checks in your name they will not try to arrest you. Sorry for your loss, but we all suffer from this if we don't get to see your shots. Always enjoyed your pictures.
http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clar...aw-guide/nFbL/
Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Once again, sorry Dee.

Good to talk with you today.

Here is the link I told you about:

http://www.ppa.com/

It seems we have had photographers on this site with equipment stolen and even gone swimming with their equipment ending up with either partial or a total loss and presumably with no insurance on their equipment.

I too was out in the water on Boca Grande with my equipment. I don't think I would have done that on purpose if I knew I wasn't insured.

I just want to make ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS aware of "Professional Photographers of America.".

It is an organization I have belong to since I purchased my professional equipment.

There are huge Benefits for joining .

One of them is now your annual dues comes with up to $15,000 in Insurance Coverage for your equipment including computers.

For a little over $300 per year for the annual membership, it is worth every penny .

You OPT in for the insurance once you have signed up and can take out additional insurance if $15,000 won't cover it. Membership also has Counsel should you need to know anything about Photography Law . Not to mention all of the other discounts you get from other suppliers because you are a member.

I looked into the Home Owners Insurance and was denied because I use the equipment Professionally.

So if you don't currently have insurance, please look into joining "Professional Photographers of America.". You won't regret it...

Best of luck Dee.

Hope you get home soon...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.