powerquest liquidation

Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
I think the bidders have been watching to many reruns of storage wars
lmao aint that the truth

well . . . . whatever happened yesterday i certainly hope the brand gets preserved. To all the devoted PQ owners this will be an interesting page in your book
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I was watching 8 items and Claremont bought every one at prices much higher than I expected. Some of them so high it just didn't make sense.

Makes you wonder if it was maybe someone pissed at PQ? Not sure what the repercussions would be for not paying??? But some of those prices seem crazy.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Makes you wonder if it was maybe someone pissed at PQ? Not sure what the repercussions would be for not paying??? But some of those prices seem crazy.
Not sure if you can do that,,,you have to be pre approved the bid...
Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Clairmont bought pretty much everything but the Molds...
All the PQ records.Tools,machinery,,like they are trying to start a new business,,but failed on the most important thing,The Molds...

Steelhead on the other hand bought all the molds and that 38 but no office records or assembly paper work...

only time will tell
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boomer
I think the bidders have been watching to many reruns of storage wars
YUUUUPPPPP!!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Clairmont bought pretty much everything but the Molds...
All the PQ records.Tools,machinery,,like they are trying to start a new business,,but failed on the most important thing,The Molds...

Steelhead on the other hand bought all the molds and that 38 but no office records or assembly paper work...

only time will tell
something else to ponder . . . .

pending the legalities of who has the rights (if there even are any) to build the boats there is a point where it is just feasible to pull a new set of molds from an existing boat. Realistically if claremont is going to revive the brand those molds can be reproduced no prob and probably at a cost less then what some of them went for.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Not sure if you can do that,,,you have to be pre approved the bid...
You just have to supply a valid credit card. Maybe they did that then canceled the card. Or maybe it was a stolen card? LOL

I doubt that is what happened but some of those prices were crazy. I could buy brand new items cheaper than what they paid on a couple of them i was watching!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
You just have to supply a valid credit card. Maybe they did that then canceled the card. Or maybe it was a stolen card? LOL

I doubt that is what happened but some of those prices were crazy. I could buy brand new items cheaper than what they paid on a couple of them i was watching!
yea you never know...
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Registered

Dave - I was thinking the same thing on the molds but to be honestly there was some serious cash recently spent on the 28/32 SC and the 38 as well as likely others by the last owner. Marine Concepts was contracted to create those and from what I hear their work is topnotch.

But you bring up some interesting points on legalities that I've wondered myself. With PQ basically dissolved who could even go after a company that splashes their models? The name/company was NOT included in this auction. Only way that could happen is if the current owner to the trademark was the high bidder, etc. Then with that said if that person was to put those pieces back together what is stopping the vendors, customers who paid downpayments, etc from going after the new owners??? If I recall correctly PQ never went thru the formal bankruptcy procedure (I could be wrong on this).
Old 01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Registered

Hey guys, Im Claremont, a.k.a. TEAMBAJA. Did you see all that cool stuff I bought yesterday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.