Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FORMULA OR FOUNTAIN ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/2665-formula-fountain.html)

06-27-2001 08:43 PM

86mph :rolleyes: maybe with no supplies and 20 gallons of fuel on the best day of its life.

NICKSLICK 06-27-2001 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Bad Cat:
<STRONG>86mph :rolleyes: maybe with no supplies and 20 gallons of fuel on the best day of its life.</STRONG>
Dont you know that this is how every car, boat, plane, stock, electronic device, or any other consumer related product every created is rated?

:mad:

MegaByte*3 06-27-2001 09:02 PM

Both are great boats. I've got a 35 Fountain now, but would be very happy with a Formula as well. Personally, I like the sticks on the left. Initially I found it very uncomfortable, but I have grown to like the set up. When I let someone else take the wheel, I stand next to them and control the throttles. This makes it an enjoyable day for my kids, they get to drive while I still maintain a safe speed and remain close to the wheel in case I need to grab it quick.

We don't spend much time in the cabin. It has proven adequate for our needs - but it wasn't on the criteria list when we bought the boat.

Enjoy either one. Better yet, enjoy both.

36spectre 06-27-2001 09:08 PM

If you want it to really run in any conditions with out steps, beaks,or paying for a swim platform which is not part of the running surface, buy a Sutphen. They make a 34 that power for power will far out perform the others .

Dave F 06-27-2001 09:15 PM

FORMULA
Without a doubt is nicer, bigger/better cabin and stronger.
Do you really care about 5mph at the top end.
I'm sure the 312 Formula is as fast at the 35 Fountain since they're the same size.
Personally, I like a little wind protection.

KN 06-27-2001 09:45 PM

You guys are talking like the Formula is 3 feet longer than the Fountain it may be longer but not 3 feet. It also has a integrated swim platform and is not a true 35' boat. The Fountain is a faster hull but the cabin is pretty small. Either way you cant go wrong.

KN 06-27-2001 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Dave F:
<STRONG>FORMULA
Without a doubt is nicer, bigger/better cabin and stronger.
Do you really care about 5mph at the top end.
I'm sure the 312 Formula is as fast at the 35 Fountain since they're the same size.
Personally, I like a little wind protection.</STRONG>

WES311SR1 06-27-2001 10:01 PM

I 've owned a 27 formula and now have a 1991 311sr1 formula, which has a center line of 33ft. there is a 353 "98" model on our lake with lingerfelter engines, so to get the same size cabin in a formula (as I have now) I'll have to go with a 353.

MIKEHTMSR24 06-27-2001 10:04 PM

The money you make just do it! Buy both. The Fountain for the weekdays and the Formula for the weekend

formula1 06-27-2001 10:13 PM

I saw a segment on Powerboat TV about the new 35 Fountain Lightning. With 500 EFI's they were saying 92MPH!! :eek: That's cookin!

I've owned two Formula's so far and considered buying a Fountain, but just don't like the styling, cabin setups or the "beak" look as much!! The Formula might be a couple MPH's slower on the top....Big Deal ;)

By the way, Formula does include the swim platform in it's length...