Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FORMULA OR FOUNTAIN ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/2665-formula-fountain.html)

Fever500 07-03-2001 11:23 AM

I just traded my Baja 232 for a 2000 29' Fever with an HP500 in it. For me a boat purchase has as much to do with the emotional side as the logical side. Logically a Formula would suit my needs (read wife and child) better. Smoother rough water ride, more cabin room etc... but I just really love the styling (save the dune buggy steering wheel), handling and performance of a Fountain. The Ferarri/Lexus analogy earlier I think is very accurate.

Buy whatever flies your rocket! Both makes are top quality boats and you really can't go wrong with either one.

Now I need to change my handle!

US1 Fountain 07-04-2001 12:04 AM

Originally posted by Boss232:
<STRONG>Now I need to change my handle!</STRONG>
And have to start back over at 0 post? Never make your 14 back up. ;)

Back to topic, both boats are great and have their own spot. You need to decide which fits YOUR spot the best. After all, it's your money and you will be the guy on it everytime. Many great opinions you recieved here are just that, opinions. Personnal ones at that, with some having never been on either one if I had to put money on it. Good Luck and keep us posted.
Jerry

checkmate zt 07-04-2001 03:36 PM

Formulas are great boats, but damn those Fountains look good sliden' across the lake!!

WES311SR1 07-10-2001 11:02 AM

looked at a 35 fountain , and cabin is just way to small so must go with 35 formula ...

PhantomChaos 07-10-2001 11:37 AM

Originally posted by WES311SR1:
<STRONG>looked at a 35 fountain , and cabin is just way to small so must go with 35 formula ...</STRONG>

Way to go............... very nice choice. I can tell you what will be next. A 382!

Nort

29Fever 07-10-2001 02:07 PM

That's not a performance boat...it's a yacht! ;) ;)

Good luck. Must be nice trying to decide which $200,000 boat to buy.

josh76 07-10-2001 02:27 PM

I think if your going to go with the fountain, you need to get the fairing. I think the new windshiled really makes it lose it's agressive look. :D

josh76 07-10-2001 02:29 PM

I think if your going to go with the fountain, you need to get the fairing. I think the new windshiled really makes it lose it's agressive look. :D

DEVIL MAN 07-10-2001 05:04 PM

Out here on the left coast, I use to run into a couple of losers that sometimes post on this board...Phantom Chaos and Turbosonic 1....both proud Formula owners....I owned a Fountain 38 Fever.....and not counting looks (no comparison that the Fountain wins that hands down), but I would run circles around these couple of has beens!!!!! I would be at Hooter's having a cold one with the girls and these two goofs would be floating out in the Pacific measuring the accuracy of their GPS', fixing their cute little ice makers and trying to figure out why the caulking was leaking through their seams of their imitation wind ferrings!!!! You got one guy with the billboard Formula begging people to buy his leaky trim pump caps that look like they just fell off your Christmas Tree and the other guy with his 382 bragging that his monster can crush the three inch chop at Lake Havasu. Give me a break, this is not even an issue.....go for the Fountain and then trailer that baby out to California and find the two goofy looking guys with SCOPE shirts on and spank their silly ass!!! Then listen to them belly-ache how their engines vapor locked, their pitot tube hoses exploded under their dash and their heads overflowed!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

D-Man and the D stands for Dangerous!!!!

cigarette1 07-10-2001 05:11 PM

He's Baaaaack :cool:

Be afraid ... be very afraid