Notices

Powerquest Razor 22

Old 12-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerquest Razor 22

Hi all

I have been on the hunt for a new to me playboat and came acrossed a PQ 22 the boat looks to be pretty darn nice in the pictures and has very low hours. Freshwater use only.

It is a 7.4 with a bravo and has tabs.

This is an estate deal and price seems pretty good (bad time of year to sell in our area)

I know PQ is going on the auction block mid December and I have also searched the threads about these boats and have found mostly positve things about them.

I used to race in the 80's and am pretty up on all the brands out there but in all honesty this one I do not know much about.

I have been looking at Donzis, Bajas and Scarabs

My plans are mostly freshwater river running and a couple big lakes no saltwater or offshore stuff.

Any input would be great and apreciated

Thanks a ton
Old 12-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered

I have Powerquest spectra 222xl. It is a 1995. I believe the Razor is a newer model, so I dont know much about them. I believe it is a different hull than mine. I have been very happy with the quality of mine. Everything on it seems to be well built and quality hardware. The only problem I have had is some blisters on the bottom where it sits on the carpeted trailer bunks. I have heard of other brands having this same problem. It wasnt to bad and I was able to repair it myself. Mine has a 454 Mag and tops out at 60 mph. What year is the Razor? There is at least one guy on here who owns one. If you do a search on Razor you will probably run across him.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

They said it was a 1997 but NADA shows first year as a 1998
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

sounds like a perfect boat for what you are going to be using it for. Easy to trailer and a solid 65 mph boat I would think.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered

I would say there quality is definitely better than a baja. I used to own a Four Winns Liberator and I would say that it is nicer quality than the Four Winns. I also owned a Chapparal and I would say they are equal. I would think they are similar to a Formula in quality and performance. Mine is a real solid boat
Old 12-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Yes I believe the Razor is a faster hull than my Spectra.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

I have a 2002 22 Razor. I love it. great build quality, solid and stable. It runs 68 on gps with a really mild 383 sbc. It also planes off low enough that my 6 and 8 year olds can wake board behind it. I don't think you can go wrong with it.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Registered

ive got a 98 powerquest razor...mpi 454....top speed I've seen so far is 64....only had it for one season so far...got alot of use out of it this past summer...only problem I had with it all summer was a bad circulatory water pump...it was leaking out the weep hole....ordered a new one online threw it on and was good to go...other then that...it's a good boat...I use mine out in the Detroit river and lake Erie...the waves can get a bit big out in my area...the boat seems to handle them good for its size...

Last edited by averagejoe074; 12-05-2011 at 07:29 AM.