Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/266694-looking-embroider-assist-engine-hatch-pad.html)

502ss 12-04-2011 03:13 PM

Looking for an embroider to assist with engine hatch pad

I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a local guy that is going to build me a hatch pad for the new deck lid I am building. He is giving me a great price but he can't do embroidery. Can anyone recommend someone that I could send my material to and have them embroider the scarab beetle onto the material and then send it back to me so my apholstery guy can then make the hatch pad?

I am also not looking for someone that charges a fortune as this is one of those budget boat builds! :)

Thanks in advance
Jim

BDiggity 12-04-2011 04:37 PM

I did this w/ PPI. Had local guy doing my interior but sent them the piece to embroidery cig logo. Also doing it again for cockpit once i select thread colors & send in the matierial.

http://ppi-fl.com/

Ebay Ed 12-04-2011 04:46 PM

XT-Innovations in bucyrus ohio did one with the scarab emblem but i think they cut it out and sewed in on look in the baja section for some of their work

scarab63 12-04-2011 04:58 PM

Jim, mail me the fabric and a photo copy of your emblem with final dimensions. Ill do the leg work for u!!
Or take a drive to ”eye of the needle” in bridgewater mass. You should be able to go to any embroidery shop near by with a photo copy , or cut n paste pic off computer of the emblem. They digitize it and a machine sews it on.
Mike

502ss 12-04-2011 05:59 PM

Okay my bad. I said embroidery but what I really meant is to sew the logo in black onto the actual hatch pad. This photo is from XT-innovations website (no disrespect). I am basically looking for something like this.

Scarab63 - do you think the place in bridgewater can do this? Maybe I need to take a drive down there and talk to them in person and check out the scenery!! :evilb:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...s/730924fd.jpg

scarab63 12-04-2011 06:28 PM

They can basically take any logo u bring to them on paper and embroider it onto your material of choice in whatever size desired, u pic the thread color. They usually do a ”sew out” on crap material first so you can give it the thumbs up or change things as desired before they do it on your pad material. Pm me your email. Ill send you some green pantera eyes with silver ”pantera” script they just put on sim leather for my bolsters. Ill send u pic tues or wed.

ROTAX454 12-04-2011 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=502ss;3564257]Okay my bad. I said embroidery but what I really meant is to sew the logo in black onto the actual hatch pad. This photo is from XT-innovations website (no disrespect). I am basically looking for something like this.

Scarab63 - do you think the place in bridgewater can do this? Maybe I need to take a drive down there and talk to them in person and check out the scenery!! :evilb:

If you are going to use the design from XT, at the very least you owe them a chance and opportunity at getting your business.

502ss 12-04-2011 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=ROTAX454;3564290]

Originally Posted by 502ss (Post 3564257)
Okay my bad. I said embroidery but what I really meant is to sew the logo in black onto the actual hatch pad. This photo is from XT-innovations website (no disrespect). I am basically looking for something like this.

If you are going to use the design from XT, at the very least you owe them a chance and opportunity at getting your business.

I fully agree. The only thing I borrowed from XT is the photo. I already have all my logos that I want to use. I am sure they will chime in and I will definitely give them a shot but they are located in Ohio vs. Someplace that is within driving distance of me. I will wait to see if they chime in and if they have an issue with borrowing the photo I will gladly remove it :)

502ss 12-04-2011 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by scarab63 (Post 3564282)
They can basically take any logo u bring to them on paper and embroider it onto your material of choice in whatever size desired, u pic the thread color. They usually do a ”sew out” on crap material first so you can give it the thumbs up or change things as desired before they do it on your pad material. Pm me your email. Ill send you some green pantera eyes with silver ”pantera” script they just put on sim leather for my bolsters. Ill send u pic tues or wed.

Saturday a.m. is the best time.... Shes usually wearing some form of last nights club clothes. Its a hot train wreck!!!! ;-)

Thanks man! I will send you a PM

scarab63 12-04-2011 07:07 PM

Xt may be cheaper in the long run even with shipping costs....
Its my understanding that the most expensive part of the process is the digitizing of the logo. They prob still have the logo you want on a card somewhere.