Notices

New York ,"What a Run!!!"

Old 06-16-2002, 09:14 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up New York ,"What a Run!!!"

Mother nature gave us all a break and we got to go on with the Poker Run. What a blast!.
This year I decided not to miss any of the action. I positioned myself off to the left at the start of the 100mph+ boats. What a sight it was. I have to see the video. I think I may have had the fastest excelleration for about 5 seconds
I had a really great time as well was able to stop by a few of the raftups along the way. Was able to meet the OFFSHOREONLY "Board God" and saw their awesome Cigarette. Thanks again for the 'stuff' Jeff. It was great seeing everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the show

Thanks goes out to NPBA with honoring me with the "The Spirit of NPBA" trophy.

A real big thank you to those that have contributed to the charities which can be found at: www.powerboatingcharities.com and Jennifer Quinn for all her hard work.

T2x, Thanks for a great interview after arriving at the dock!

And also Chris for coming down with his Baja to hang with me all day in case there was to be a breakdown or whatever. You guys made my whole day go alot easier knowing you were there!

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. They should be great...
Attached Images  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 06-16-2002 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too cool Sharkey..........glad the weather broke for everyone..wish we could have been up there.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Dude you had me cracking up see you in that thing Thanks for stopping at our little raft up and taking the time to do some drive bys for us. Your a true showman. You defiantly seemed to have more fun than anyone else in the run. I got some great big air shots of you and some of you in the parade of boats. I'll try to post them latter...

Paul
Old 06-16-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered

It was a site to see, oh and so were all the other boats in the run besides sharkey...

And thanks for letting me bum a ride Tantrum and Chrisitne, my son had a great time.

Paul aka Hot boat,

Did you get that sonic running, was it thw impellor that was cooked?
Old 06-16-2002, 03:51 PM
99BOSS272

Yeah, what a great time. Outerlimits stole the show again this year with some great boats. Fire and Ice guys intoduced me to Mike Fiore and I was able to talk to him for a few minutes about how well his boats ran again this year. What a great guy. Can't wait 'till next years event.

Sharkey, I hope you had as much fun running the 13 as we did watching you.

Old 06-16-2002, 04:17 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Dan to make a very long story short. We changed the pump and still no water. There was something clogging the line or a air leak. there was also a small leak coming in form the transom assembly. After 3 hours of trying everything possible and being towed in, out of frustration he ran the boat any way. Some how it cleared it self out I hove no clue how but it suddenly worked fine. Now the problem was that we both needed fuel and all the stations were closed. I called a friend and he brought over 15 gallons to the Peekskill dock for us and Jill got fuel from someone we met on the water. In the end we didn't get back to Newburg till 10:00 It was a long night. But I still had a great time. Dan let us know when the boat is ready. I cant wait to see it. I had a great time. we all have to get-together again.

Paul
Old 06-16-2002, 05:46 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

FUN it was!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-17-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

Default Sharky,,,, No problem,, I was glad to do it......

That is what its all about right !!!!

When All was said and done I had put over 225 miles on my Baja, and I can certainly say we enjoyed everyone one of them.. It ran flawlessly at WFOT the whole day without a single complaint.

Being at the front of the pack for the start of the run was an awesome sight, having helecopters hovering a few feet over your head was an experience all by itself.

Getting passed while doing 60 by the OSO.com boat made me feel like we were standig still, I could have literally reached out and touched that Cigarette as it went flying by about 5 feet away..

Last edited by Chris232; 06-17-2002 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

Sharkey,
You are a mad man!
We got some good (hairy) pics of you that Im going to post as soon as I can.

Thunderdan,
Christine and I enjoyed your company. As long as Barbara doesnt see any of Sharkey's pictures a Bullet would be a great starter boat for Brian. I would say its been proven the hull staying together

Hotboat,
I just shot an e-mail off to you. Sorry to hear Scott was down so long. Sounds like a kinda freaky problem. If you have his e-mail please forward it to me, Id like to talk to him.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

...it was a great day!
I'd like to thank Rich DiPierro for taking me on his 2-day old 2002 Top Gun! ..what a ride!! ..there's a pic of it on SunseekerNY's site...

Quick Reply: New York ,"What a Run!!!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.