Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What performance issues with 1 cyl down? >

What performance issues with 1 cyl down?

Notices

What performance issues with 1 cyl down?

Old 12-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Drive's me up a freakin' wall when people are worried about their performance when their engines are not even running right. I am glad you got it fixed, most do not, but I would keep an eye on all of it. There are a lot of kids out there now a days that buy sports cars, boats, etc and are only worried about performance and forget that sometimes the biggest performance mod you can do on a single platform is to ensure the car, boat, etc is running correctly. Maintenance before modifications in my book (including props). But, not everyone is a super picky mechanic and worries about that sort of thing like me. I hope it all works out for you in the end.
Performance, is the last thing on my mind right now. Getting the motors to run the same rpm at ther peak is my main concern. I think you guys are right too 25 M+ are to much but gonna have to start somewhere but I was warned that they could smoke my trannies if they over load my engines.

It's a so speed was never a goal. I would like to go over 60 for sure in it and think that it's a reasonable speed. After a year or so after we enjoy the boat then I'll do some more serious engine work. I hate to put a bandaid sort of speak on it put it is what it is. I bought the boat in July and have fixed more then I wanted...more then I thought it would need. She's definitely been neglected and we are going to do our best to bring her back to life.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad to hear she's going back together! Come on spring...

Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
Performance, is the last thing on my mind right now. Getting the motors to run the same rpm at ther peak is my main concern. I think you guys are right too 25 M+ are to much but gonna have to start somewhere but I was warned that they could smoke my trannies if they over load my engines.

It's a so speed was never a goal. I would like to go over 60 for sure in it and think that it's a reasonable speed. After a year or so after we enjoy the boat then I'll do some more serious engine work. I hate to put a bandaid sort of speak on it put it is what it is. I bought the boat in July and have fixed more then I wanted...more then I thought it would need. She's definitely been neglected and we are going to do our best to bring her back to life.
I wasnt really pointing a finger at you and saying all that. I was more just ranting in general. I used to own a 300ZXTT, and frequented a lot of the forums for those. You would be amazed how many people are like "I am down one cylinder, will this effect my spool up?". That is what drives me Captain Insano. You at least found the problem, had the situation corrected and will be delving back into it at some point. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand. I just want to get a set of props on her to make her run easier, not harder.