Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   any photo shop people? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/266963-any-photo-shop-people.html)

glassdave 12-09-2011 12:44 PM

any photo shop people?

2 Attachment(s)
Hey i need a hand with an image and was wondering can the resolution of this be brought up and sharpened and also change the head dress thing to blue? I have been messing with in CorelPhoto Paint and Draw and to be honest i am mostly use to working with vector images. I am having one hell of a time with jpg and bmp's, just never had a use for it with what i do.

I need to sharpen thsse enough to be expanded to nine inches and print, and also change the head thing to blue. :cool:

actually the resolution isnt bad right now but it starts to soften a bit at larger sizes. Or if i could separate the head from the rest of it that would work to. The round stuff and font i have.

Crossett 12-09-2011 12:51 PM

change the red in the head dress to blue?

glassdave 12-09-2011 01:01 PM

yep

Eaton Photos 12-09-2011 01:07 PM

Dave,

Do you have the images in anything other than .jpg format? Your current limitation is the Jpeg compression. When I pulled the file into Photoshop CS5, the image rendered out at 2X3 inches. As soon, as I tried up-rezzing the image, the image started to deteriorate way too much. From my experience, there is not enough detail to do anything to the images as they presently are.

502ss 12-09-2011 01:26 PM

Bad news is you can't get more quality/resolution if it doesn't exist in the original image. I think your best bet is to recreate the Indian head into vector. Do you really need both done, the Indian head on the left would be a lot easier as it has a lot less detail in the feathers. I can create you the Indian head on the left in a full scalable vector in probably a couple hours. Let me know if you want me to recreate it for you?

Thanks
Jim

jayboat 12-09-2011 01:44 PM

How about this? :evilb:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3490/sunkapache.jpg

It's a simple job but you definitely need a high rez image.
Rather than reconstructing the thing, is there anyone near you with a boat that has the logo on it? Get the camera out.

glassdave 12-09-2011 01:51 PM

thanks guys, thought I'd put it up there and see what could be done I really just need the less detailed one done like the original. I actually have most of it vectorized and its taken a ton of time to do to but It just seems to loose something when you drop back to the four colors or so. There is some detailing in the red within the face that does not translate well. I'll mess with it some more and see if i can post up what i have.

glassdave 12-09-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3567778)
How about this? :evilb:

It's a simple job but you definitely need a high rez image.
Rather than reconstructing the thing, is there anyone near you with a boat that has the logo on it? Get the camera out.

lol

not really that i can get to. I figured there was not much you can do with the low rez image. I tried everything.

502ss 12-09-2011 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 3567786)
thanks guys, thought I'd put it up there and see what could be done I really just need the less detailed one done like the original. I actually have most of it vectorized and its taken a ton of time to do to but It just seems to loose something when you drop back to the four colors or so. There is some detailing in the red within the face that does not translate well. I'll mess with it some more and see if i can post up what i have.

Dave - once vectorized I think it could be made to look real respectable! If you want me to vectorize it let me know, I have a CAD software that makes this pretty easy to do! :)

glassdave 12-09-2011 02:15 PM

what are you using? i use FlexiPro 8.1 V1 and CorelDraw x3. Ran it through both in logo trace but really didnt get anything i was ecstatic about. I did a bunch of it from scratch already but am loosing some of the subtleties that i would like to keep. Would love to have a higher rez version of the one i have but no real luck there. Like i said though i am more use to working in Vector from scratch and duplicating a bitmap is a "bit" of a stretch for me lol