Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gratton Family to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Super Boat International >

Gratton Family to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Super Boat International

Notices

Gratton Family to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Super Boat International

Old 12-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Very sad continuation of a terrible tradegy. I have always made it clear to my wife, that god forbid, something were to happen to me when I was racing, or doing track days and so on,that under no circumstances should there be any suit brought forth.

Darrell.
X2

In almost every case It's just flat hypocrisy to be involved in competition motorsports and to sue in case of an accident.

Lawyers like to pretend there is no assumption of risk.

My pet boat manufacturer has been sued many times because of other peoples stupidity - it's ridiculous.

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 12-09-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I gather that the general sentiment is that SBI is perfect?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
I gather that the general sentiment is that SBI is perfect?
No body is perfect. You think the lawyer is doing the right thing? Listen to the attitude as he says that $5M is not enough.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Just one question for all of you that are outraged.... How many of you could hold your breath for 3.5 minutes? 4 minutes? 5 minutes? 6 minutes?

I've got no dog in this fight, but just ranting on without knowing ALL of the facts could make some of you feel foolish later. There are a few interesting points made in the article. Go back and read it again. I've been involved in the hosting of enough races to not be blaming the lawyers just yet if what I have heard that went on is true. Wait for the FACTS.

Now, flame away if that'll make you feel better.

.....and rest in peace Mr. Gratton
Old 12-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Just one question for all of you that are outraged.... How many of you could hold your breath for 3.5 minutes? 4 minutes? 5 minutes? 6 minutes?

I've got no dog in this fight, but just ranting on without knowing ALL of the facts could make some of you feel foolish later. There are a few interesting points made in the article. Go back and read it again. I've been involved in the hosting of enough races to not be blaming the lawyers just yet if what I have heard that went on is true. Wait for the FACTS.

+1 and I have the utmost respect respect for the Gratton family. Joey's death seems like it could of been prevented. They've hired the right attorney to get the facts.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that flaming as an emotional vent is silly. But this "lawyer" sort of reeks attitude. And do any of us think that if there really was a preventable delay in getting to the victim that SBI has not already been discussing improved rescue procedures, before the threat of lawsuit arose?
Sometimes, as in the space program, even the keenest minds cannot foresee all possibilities and we learn by experience. My take from the article is that this yahoo, as all plaintiff attorneys do, will do everything he can to make this accident actually appear deliberate if not pre planned.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt this is the first time a boat has been submerged for an extended period of time. One might ask if there was any preventative measures taken to provide adequet breathing air to the crew for just such an event. This is where the US is headed....find somebody to blame
Old 12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just some questions...Do all these boats have scuba-air tanks? Are they required by SBI? Or if someone is knocked out in a crash can they not activate air? Just wondering how this works. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Let's all remember that 3 people lost their lives that week. Until your the one that has lost a family member in an accident that has no definitive answer as to the cause of death DON'T PASS JUDGMENT!!!! Sometimes the only way to get to the cause of death is LITIGATION.

Let's not let this tragedy get carried away with all sorts of speculation and innuendos. We have many of those in the BEWARE section. Like CARD SHARK.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:40 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Craig.

What make you all think Alweiss is the one who contacted the Gratton Family....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.