Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gratton Family to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Super Boat International >

Gratton Family to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Super Boat International

Notices

Gratton Family to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Super Boat International

Old 12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also why wouldn't the diver share his air until the rescue was finished and Joey extracted????
Old 12-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
I am really biting my tongue on all of this....but The Gratton family has every right and I mean every right to pursue this. Now from the facts that I have been told any diver that comes up approx 6 minutes later asking for a knife has NO BUSINESS being a rescue diver....enough said!!!!
Also why wouldn't the diver share his air until the rescue was finished and Joey extracted????
Interesting.......would that be considered negligent?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
If you want to get into swapping witty personal retorts, take it to PM's or email's. This thread is about something more important than trading 5th-grade insults.

Back on topic (please?).

One more time:
If I crash and hurt myself, I accept the responsibility for my actions and initial injuries. If my injuries are not survivable under any circumstances, then so be it; I lose. BUT: If I am in a situation where rescue is possible under the stated terms of the event, and the rescue and response services that I was promised do not materialize, that is a problem.

This point has been made in this thread time and time again by a lot of people with a lot racing experience (including me).

It's not that complicated or confusing. Really.
Chuck,

I understand and agree with your point 100%, it appears some will argue for the sake of arguing.

Stephen

(I do know a little about the law)
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
Perfectly stated, Chuck.
Your logic seems to be lost on some...

Dude, whatever little drop of credibility you had here is now gone forever.
I wouldn't lose a nanosecond of sleep if I never saw your screen name again.
well said Jay and Chuck!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I am really biting my tongue on all of this....but The Gratton family has every right and I mean every right to pursue this. Now from the facts that I have been told any diver that comes up approx 6 minutes later asking for a knife has NO BUSINESS being a rescue diver....enough said!!!!
+1 Especially when a few of the teams carry one of the hooked type razors in the cockpit for that very reason.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Exactly !! Since time is the enemy here.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Gordo;3570550]
Originally Posted by Pete280
Well, since you ask the question, I DID!
All the years we raced, we knew who the recue team would be, they knew us, they knew our boats, I always had full confidince in their ability to do their job quickly, never worried about them doing their job if I needed them.
You can acuse me of having blind faith. Maybe so, howeverr, I myself was a rescue firefighter, and part of our departments water-rescue team. I don't take water rescue situations lightly. Make no mistake, the STARS team was the best at what they did.
I bet my life on it every race.
Well said Gordo.....me too
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by waconda
I find your statement very confusing, sounds like your talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time...
Sorry, you'll have to remain confused. My explainer is getting tired.

Maybe CigDaze, Bruce Seroff, Ted G, Phantom, Old School, Sean Stinson, Smarty, Gordo, Phantom One or one of the others can explain it to you.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

After all the theories & speculations it would be refreshing to hear the sources of FACTS!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mreedy
After all the theories & speculations it would be refreshing to hear the sources of FACTS!
When all of the discovery (witness statements, oberservations, dispatch logs, all police and medical-corner reports, audio-video recording(s), training certificates of rescue personnel, rescue procedure manuals, deposition statements, ect.) is available to plaintiff's counsel, then you will have the sources of the facts as observed (recollected) and recorded; that could be years away. Not sure how the Florida court system handles (discovery, hearings/status conferences, and motions to be filed deadlines) civil suits, and the timeline that the court will impose for discovery. So until that point, .....

Last edited by Smarty; 12-15-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling error

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.