How much $$$$ to paint a boat??? >

How much $$$$ to paint a boat???

Notices

How much $$$$ to paint a boat???

Old 12-10-2011, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts
Question How much $$$$ to paint a boat???

Just read jwp51's thread on "Who's the best boat painter?" and I wanted to ask about price, but didn't want to hijack the thread - primadonna painters might get upset comparing prices :-). How can you put a price on art?

I know asking how much a paint job costs is a lot like asking how much a bottle of wine costs - you get what you pay for. ...but I really have no idea. I would love to get my Cafe Racer painted, but will I need a forth mortgage?? I've also heard it's very hard to remove the existing 1990 hull-length stripes? What would that cost?

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it all depend's on who is doing the work and how much they want to make profit on the job ,

iv seen some nice basic paint work for $ 5 to 7 k and then i have seen some of the same basic paint work for $ 15 to 20 k it all depend's on how hungry the painter is

mike
Old 12-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It all depends on if you want the deck and cockpit done a lot of work to do it right,the sides and bottom are the easy part,it all depends on how many stress cracks,body work,stripes and if you want a basic or wild paint,new rubrail etc,i would think about 20-25k when you add it all up to get a good overall job,if someone does it for less you have saved some bucks
Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could always pm letterrip. Hes local if u wanna do a wrap
Old 12-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

MITCHER T Class Act
Old 12-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Too many variables. Did you pick a design? Do you want it all white? Your looking at a few K just in supplies. I'm a painter and working up a deal to paint my hillsides and transom. If I go single stage Imron its going to cost me a lil less than a grand. If I do the design I picked out its going to cost me about 4K. That is not including any labor. Just paint, tape, masks, primer, sandpaper etc...

The hunger comment above is You pay for what you get in both materials and quality craftsmenship...
Old 12-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Registered

I just got a verbal quote for "around 15k" for prep and one color paint, nothing interior. Removing drives, painting drives, engine compartment, dash, etc would be more depending how much of it they had to remove. This is for a late 90s 38' Cig TG.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Too many variables. Did you pick a design? Do you want it all white? Your looking at a few K just in supplies. I'm a painter and working up a deal to paint my hillsides and transom. If I go single stage Imron its going to cost me a lil less than a grand. If I do the design I picked out its going to cost me about 4K. That is not including any labor. Just paint, tape, masks, primer, sandpaper etc...

The hunger comment above is You pay for what you get in both materials and quality craftsmenship...
so if it cost you $ 4 k in supply's then it would be safe to say that at a minimum of double your money say $ 8 k if you needed work , and triple + your supply's and charge $ 20 k because you are so busy at work you dont need the work so either you make bank on the job or it's not worth doing
all company's are like this, it's just not painter's , funny thing is im going threw this same thing at my house that need's painting . i have been getting quote's between $ 2k and $ 6 k just for labor on the job, where i supply material i will probably go with the guy in the middle @ around 4200.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

Call Performance Boat Brokerage at LOTO. They are currently re-painting a nice classic 35 Cigarette right now and looks great. Lots of quality paint shops around, prices could be all over the place depending on how detailed of a job you want. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:06 PM
bwd
Registered

Someone, not too long ago, showed me a receipt for 7k, just for the yellow paint for 34'. Does that make sense to someone in the business?Also, for 7k worth of material alone I think I would have taken the rubrail off before I shot it. Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.