Notices

CC Full Covers

Old 12-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CC Full Covers

Purchasing a new CC. I will be looking for a full cover that I will be able to trailer with. Anyone have pictures and possible names of companies in the Miami Florida area or in the Southeast Michigan area. Sunbrella would be material of choice.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
Purchasing a new CC. I will be looking for a full cover that I will be able to trailer with. Anyone have pictures and possible names of companies in the Miami Florida area or in the Southeast Michigan area. Sunbrella would be material of choice.

Thanks
What type of CC, does it have a t-top. I never trailer my CC with the covers on too much wind. Grest canvas guy downriver Gilbralter Canvas Jeff is one of the best.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

Bill,

Thanks for jumping in. I was going to contact Wrink to get your number. I'm part of LEOPA. Would love to have a full cover that is universal, one for storage and one for towing. My CC will have one of the reverse style radar arches not a hard top like yours. Would you be able to get Jeff's number for me thanks.

Won't be getting boat for a couple of 3 months. Not built yet.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Bill,

Thanks for jumping in. I was going to contact Wrink to get your number. I'm part of LEOPA. Would love to have a full cover that is universal, one for storage and one for towing. My CC will have one of the reverse style radar arches not a hard top like yours. Would you be able to get Jeff's number for me thanks.

Won't be getting boat for a couple of 3 months. Not built yet.
I get a fee 4 B'n the middleman!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Jeffs number at Gilbralter canvas is 734 675 4891 i would highly recomend him what make of CC are you building. I also have a guy in Ft Myers that did my Nortech covers he is also verry good does a lot of work for nortech.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cover

P and R Canvas, fort lauderdale, they make a 3d model of your boat and make the cover on the computer, it fits like shrink wrap, it's the only way to go. Ask for Bob or Dan, tell them Randy asked you to call.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

did my cover in 2 pieces.frt fits over the bow then snaps down the side just on top of the rubrail.connects to the ttop just above the windscreen,back half zips to it then the same snaps down to the back with elastic straps on the transom.i tow it all over with the covers on.if i take off the back it makes a little encloser for the kids up frt. have to look for pics at home,also the frt has clear plastic were the bow light is if i leave it on at night.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Registered

Issues I've found with CC covers on my CC's, depending on your layout your results may vary.

With the support pole in the middle, the cover forms a W (hull sides are the outsides of the W and the pole in the middle is the middle point of the W). Water gets caught in the low parts of the W which then causes the pole to pop through the middle point. I can put bumpers vertical on my front seats which support the cover which helps water run off, however a nice gust of wind can tip the bumpers over.

The windscreen is my only support at the helm. I had to reinforce the cover at that spot so it didn't wear through.

The back of the bolsters support my cover, which causes rub burns on the upholstery.

The top of the back rest of the rear bench support the cover, causing rub burns on the upholstery.

I don't tow with my cover on. I put in on after I get to my destination, the helm cover first and then the full cover.

Sunbrella is good and is what I have but it is heavy and a PITA to toss around. I treat yearly with 303 Aerospace to keep it water resistant.

303 High Tech Fabric Guard is the only product endorsed by SUNBRELLA to waterproof boat enclosures and bimini tops. It will rewaterproof nylon tents,waders,winter boots, patio furniture, patio umbrellas, RV and house awnings and many other fabrics.

I think my cover was $2K, money would have been better spent shrinking whenever I towed it since I don't tow often.

Last edited by marylandmark; 12-12-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

I realize what every I do will probably be a pain in the A** I'm going to have a fair amount of color in the cockpit on the vinyl and gunnel's. Also there will be small bolster seating along the rear of the transom that I will have to keep covered when not in use. When I have the boat on the trailer I would like to have a Mooring or Full cover that comes all the way down the sides because I'm going to have the Hull sides Painted.

IS NOTHING SIMPLE!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

I realize what every I do will probably be a pain in the A** I'm going to have a fair amount of color in the cockpit on the vinyl and gunnel's. Also there will be small bolster seating along the rear of the transom that I will have to keep covered when not in use. When I have the boat on the trailer I would like to have a Mooring or Full cover that comes all the way down the sides because I'm going to have the Hull sides Painted.

IS NOTHING SIMPLE!!!!
Sound like you will need two sets of covers. That is what I did with the nor tech. Full cover that goes down the sides for when it's on my trailer or lift and a second cover I can put on when it's in the water or overnight which covers the helm area and second cover that covers the complete inside perimeter of the boat. Lots of covers but works good wasn't cheap either think I paid 6k for all of them. When I go back to flordia in a couple weeks I will get you photos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.