Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who has the fastest pleasure boat v bottom? >

Who has the fastest pleasure boat v bottom?

Notices

Who has the fastest pleasure boat v bottom?

Old 12-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolerman
377 scorpions and alpha platinum XR shorties!
Forgot to mention 8 of them

NK
Old 12-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
No its what the tachs read when I was in the boat going 139/140mph, 6000rpm, which is the stock 1075 rev limiter.
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard Cig went 141 with stock 1075's @ 6000 rpm.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
So only a couple MPH less....in ideal conditions. Pleasure boaters wouldnt even notice that. How much does a Statement of that caliber go for I wonder?
890k new I believe is the asking price. At least it was on the speedonthewater report I read (pretty sure that was the site).

Or roughly 395k for the demo model in the classifieds.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I heard Cig went 141 with stock 1075's @ 6000 rpm.
Thats a very blunt statement Scot considering the company your in here. Although its true, Cigarette isnt a company that is starving for business and trying to draw a customer base on its top speed alone. Pleasure boats are only at top speed 1% of the time, therefore, everything else that makes a Cigarette the #1 brand really shines through....
Old 12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Thats a very blunt statement Scot considering the company your in here. Although its true, Cigarette isnt a company that is starving for business and trying to draw a customer base on its top speed alone. Pleasure boats are only at top speed 1% of the time, therefore, everything else that makes a Cigarette the #1 brand really shines through....
Well said! 1% is what all the keyboard racers are always raving about. With that being said to each their own for me I would never be interested in going that fast in any boat, especially if someone else was driving. 100-110mph is insanely fast in the ocean. At that speed you have no time to react. I would guess for guys that have those boats have a hard time getting anyone to go for a second ride. I don't exec like it when someone runs close to me at 80mph. But if they are purposes built boats for speed records then happy day but as a pleasure boat I think they are accidents waiting to happen, as proven how hard it is to get insurance on some boats. Not to mention some people have bigger checkbooks then brains. My .02
Old 12-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

whats the deadrise on the sv44? and it has a pad right?

(serious questions btw)
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered

Thank you. I wanted to know what guys are running at the shootout and poker runs, and what speeds they can maintain, not just a 3 minute burst.

As far as budget, wanted to keep it to pleasure boaters, and not race boats. Reggie hit 178 but in a canoppied race boat.

Wanted to know what the pleasure boaters are running.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4195
Well said! 1% is what all the keyboard racers are always raving about. Not to mention some people have bigger checkbooks then brains. My .02
LOL! Make it a Don Aronow tribute edition & they will use a pen with a lot of ink in it! LOL!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mkrytiuk
Thank you. I wanted to know what guys are running at the shootout and poker runs, and what speeds they can maintain, not just a 3 minute burst.

As far as budget, wanted to keep it to pleasure boaters, and not race boats. Reggie hit 178 but in a canoppied race boat.

Wanted to know what the pleasure boaters are running.
3 minute burst? These aren't drag cars, they will maintain the speed for as long as you can keep the motors together, or the conditions prevail....

Oh christ, Cigarette NEVER went this fast...Rio Roses *cough* skater didn't even run 140 back in the day....

I heard rumors but I never heard anything materialize about a top secret fast build, it but wasn't a pleasure build.....

Don't f*uck this thread up with bs about Cigarette or worse, Apache, this is the thread, you can't argue with...The fastest manufactures are allowed to take credit, Outerlimits, Fountain, Statement...those are the only boats I know running 140 with 1075s...that's a pretty good barometer...IN A VEE....I'd say Skater too, but I've yet to hear of one running that quick without according to JT..."really funky $hit..." when getting there or pulling back on the sticks...

Every sport has idiots with fat checkbooks and no brains....these boats are not for everyone, the minute you disrespect it, it kills you....that goes without saying in anything though....

Last edited by WildThing47; 12-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.