Originally Posted by Originalronza
Mike your a tool, 110 u read much
jim,go back into your make believe bs world PUNK.dont pm me again you LOOZER
Old 12-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
I must say I am a little disappointed in the numbers that have been offered by LS builders on this forum. When a crate motor offered by GM is 430 hp configured with a restrictive intake/air cleaner, and stock cast iron manifolds with low flow cats etc. it seems a little odd when a custom builder totes marinized versions of the same motors in the same or close to the same HP rating. Even GM offers it with just a cam change at 480 hp, and everyone in the automotive arena knows that with just a cold air intake high flow cats, some minor exhaust work, and a more aggresive tune these are well over 450 hp at the flywheel. I would expect a marine application for these motors (provided they do not have to live up to some crazy emission standards) to start at 500 HP (for the 6.2) and go up from there.
This is a very important point. While limited-production builders do not have to meet emission standards, all of the production builders (Mercury, Ilmor, Indmar, Volvo Penta, etc.) do. This means fuel injection, catalysts and other hardware PLUS certification costs. The buyers' choice comes down to paying less for a small-volume builders' engine (and getting less at trade-in), or stepping up to a brand-name package. There are no free lunches.

If you try to build a boat on the cheap, you will get exactly that - a cheap boat.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

the price surplus for ilmor will not pay off when it comes time to sell or trade. the motor is what the motor is and gm builds the motors of ilmor, merury indmar, crusader and all the others. merely putting a intake and exhast manifold onto the motor and using gm electronics does not justify a triple engine cost unless people are willing to pay for it and currently people are not. mercury and everyone else on the list is a high volume engine supplier but no dis respect but ilmor is not even in the same league volume wise so they are essentially small engine player, good one but small none the less as the magic question keeps getting asked, who is building boats? then who is supplying no body? everyone
Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
the price surplus for ilmor will not pay off when it comes time to sell or trade. the motor is what the motor is and gm builds the motors of ilmor, merury indmar, crusader and all the others. merely putting a intake and exhast manifold onto the motor and using gm electronics does not justify a triple engine cost unless people are willing to pay for it and currently people are not. mercury and everyone else on the list is a high volume engine supplier but no dis respect but ilmor is not even in the same league volume wise so they are essentially small engine player, good one but small none the less as the magic question keeps getting asked, who is building boats? then who is supplying no body? everyone
I'd be pretty confident in saying Ilmor's big LS motor is not an off the shelf piece built by GM. You keep stating it's double or triple the price, but where are you getting these numbers? I've asked you twice, and now a third time.. Show me where you can buy the Indmar LSA for 13k. You can't. I can't even find the engine on their website. If you're going to post again please give your statements some credibility by answering this simple question. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
I'd be pretty confident in saying Ilmor's big LS motor is not an off the shelf piece built by GM. You keep stating it's double or triple the price, but where are you getting these numbers? I've asked you twice, and now a third time.. Show me where you can buy the Indmar LSA for 13k. You can't. I can't even find the engine on their website. If you're going to post again please give your statements some credibility by answering this simple question. Thanks.
contact indmar, not difficult to figure out
Old 12-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

A lot of in this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,Originalronza
Old 12-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
contact indmar, not difficult to figure out
I couldn't get a hold of anyone there this week, must be off for the Holiday's. I wasn't aware you could buy direct from Indmar, I thought you had to go through one of their dealers.. Do you have a contact, or can anyone just call in and get a brand new, supercharged, all aluminum LS, with 5 year warranty, closed cooling, ready to run for 13k? Sounds like a hell of a deal!! If it wasn't for your membership date I would suspect you were Jim Darr too. Does the Indmar version have CATS like the rest of their lineup?

Anyway.. To get the small block thread back on track, if it's possible, here's a dyno sheet of an LSA we ran today. It's a pretty stout little unit. Definitely needs a few hundred more rpm on the rev limit, and requires a bit of modding to hook up to a stern drive but it's a killer upgrade to an old SBC.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 400hp small block for cat-lsa-dyno.jpg   Looking for 400hp small block for cat-lsacorrection.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
I couldn't get a hold of anyone there this week, must be off for the Holiday's. I wasn't aware you could buy direct from Indmar, I thought you had to go through one of their dealers.. Do you have a contact, or can anyone just call in and get a brand new, supercharged, all aluminum LS, with 5 year warranty, closed cooling, ready to run for 13k? Sounds like a hell of a deal!! If it wasn't for your membership date I would suspect you were Jim Darr too. Does the Indmar version have CATS like the rest of their lineup?

Anyway.. To get the small block thread back on track, if it's possible, here's a dyno sheet of an LSA we ran today. It's a pretty stout little unit. Definitely needs a few hundred more rpm on the rev limit, and requires a bit of modding to hook up to a stern drive but it's a killer upgrade to an old SBC.
put down the pipe and step away to reality. i never stated no 5 year warranty and stuff. they are oem fr 13k is all. not darr here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.