Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone going to New Orleans for PokerRun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26710-anyone-going-new-orleans-pokerrun.html)

X-Rated30 06-16-2002 08:10 PM

Anyone going to New Orleans for PokerRun

Is anyone going to the Royal Purple Poker Run next weekend??? (June 22) After a year and some change on this board, I figure it is time I met some of you people.

I plan to be on a friend's 35 Fountain, and a couple of other boats may come down with us.

I don't know if we will stay on the lake or go into N.O. at night, but I have an apt in the French Quarter, and that may turn into a plan.

rjcardinal 06-16-2002 08:41 PM

Royal Purple

Were going to skip it this year. Our boat club is going to Biloxi next weekend. We will have 4 boats traveling by water from the Amite River south of Baton Rouge to Biloxi Friday. Several more club boats are trailering down to Biloxi early Sat morning. The club has slips reserved at Point Cadet Marina. A lot of people are staying on their boats. We are staying at the Beau Rivage. Maybe next year.

Ron

29 OUTLAW 06-16-2002 08:42 PM

Where are the card stops? I used to live in NOLA and would be curious to hear what course you guys take.

rjcardinal 06-16-2002 08:59 PM

gcoffshore.com

Go to Gulf Coast Offshore >click here< . Go to the calander, click on June, and its there. They have pics from last year and an article from a local Lake Ponchartrain magazine.

They have lots of other local info.

Ron

Jassman 06-16-2002 10:07 PM

unfortunatly I wont be able to make this poker run either, the boats not quite finished:( The next one in line is the Destin run in August, any of you guys going to that one.:D

Coddigtion 06-17-2002 12:58 AM

I tell you what, if anyone is wanting to go do this run from Houston, or willing to travel from houston to the big easy with me, lets go! I want to go, but no one will make the trip with me! I hate to drive that far by myself.

-Linn

X-Rated30 06-17-2002 11:54 AM

MAN! As fun as New Orleans is, I am surprised people from this board aren't falling all over themselves to make this run. I haven't been, but I have heard it is lots of fun, and some big power shows up.

Can anyone confirm or rebut this?

P.S. Coddigtion -- What kind of boat would you be bringing?

Black Thunder Boat 06-17-2002 12:59 PM

There is a good chance that I will be there in my Black Thunder. But if I cant make it there will be some other Black Thunders there plus Tom the national sales manager will be there with a Black Thunder demo that is for sale!
Mike Nichols
Black Thunder Powerboats

Outrageous 06-17-2002 01:31 PM

I spoke with the organizers last week. They said they expect record crowds. Numerous boats from other states. Lake P is like the wild west, anything goes, and usually does.

The weather looks good and the water is great.
I also spoke to a number of big boaters that are expected to show. Registration partys Thursday at the Hooters in Baton Rouge and Friday at Jaggers in in New Orleans.

See you on the water!!

Strip Poker 388 06-17-2002 05:48 PM

royal purple run

were going down friday, will be there for the run sat, going to hang out sun also ,prob go to madisonville for lunch and go back to prop stop , prob see you there .
rob:)