Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I know some people prefer toppless, but who has a Bimini? >

I know some people prefer toppless, but who has a Bimini?

Notices

I know some people prefer toppless, but who has a Bimini?

Old 06-16-2002, 04:20 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I know some people prefer toppless, but who has a Bimini?

I'd like to get a Bimini top. Who makes the best? Who has the best price on them?
I've seen some people talk about Bimini's that are capable of handleing 60+ mph. who makes these? Do they colapse flat, or are the ridged mounted?

Thanks
mark
Old 06-16-2002, 04:58 PM
Horseplay38Cig

Bimini tops are usually custom made for a specific boat. Design and quality can vary quite a bit depending on the individual canvas manufacturer. Take a look around the marinas, talk to people who have them. Get a feel for who is good in your area. I had a great top on my Cigarette, but it took a while to find someone creative enough to come up with a design that I liked. Good Luck!

Old 06-16-2002, 05:45 PM
finney

taylo made makes a reasonibley priced one 199.00 can be put up in 5 min. can be bought from west marine

Old 06-16-2002, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at Perdido Pass on the AL Gulf Coast a few weeks ago and I saw a beautiful 35-38 Fountain with a custon Bimini top like the center console fishing boats have. It was non removable but looked good and strong. I was admiring the boat from about 40 yards as it idled through the pass. When it passed I noticed the name on the back, "UNITED STATES CUSTOMS". At least the feds have good taste in boats.

The T-Top looked good.

Ron
Old 06-16-2002, 09:03 PM
Nagivator

Hey we went to Bimini but I didn't see and canvas shops there
Attached Thumbnails I know some people prefer toppless, but who has a Bimini?-oso.jpg  

Old 06-16-2002, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertable Tops

Payton,
When you get thru with your crops and have time to use your boat, Look me up at the where you keep your boat.. I have one and it has a zippered wrapping around it and it lays flat, I dont use it unless we are just going out to party by the beach, I keep it in my garage, I think that I may have used it two or three times.
Matter of fact, I can't remember if it is solid white or if it has a red strip in it..My Howard had one also and I never used it!! It had a blue strip in it.
Remind me when You come around and I will take you over to my shop and show it to you.. It is a option that most all west coast boat manufactors offer..

eliminator219
Old 06-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to the Mrs.

Payton,
Sorry that I forgot, Hope that your wife is doing ok, How long will she be on crutches? Our regards to her and hope she is back to normal soon.
Carl and a couple other boats went up to Navy Pier and down the river today,would have been a nice trip for you, I didn't go,had family things to take care of..Maybe next week!!

eliminator219
Old 06-17-2002, 12:20 AM
Intolerant1

Im also in the market. Im getting prices about $850 for an 8' by about 8'. I have a couple places yet to call. Depending on where your at in Indiana, maybe I can help you out.

Old 06-17-2002, 07:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Try CoverSearch.com .
I found an 8'X8'X54" for $326.00 and that's with Sunbrella fabric.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:52 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Iggy, I was looking at Coversearch. I like what I see. If I remember right they use Stainless steel poles or at least have them as an option..

Intolerant, I'm in NW Indiana.

Eliminator219, Thanks for asking. Linda is doing good. Crutches for another 4 weeks though. If the weather is good we should be able to get out next weekend, maybe before. If yours laid flat, then it had a strap in back and not the solid brace? I'd like it to lay flat, but the solid brace seems like it would be better at speed.

Quick Reply: I know some people prefer toppless, but who has a Bimini?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.