Notices

2012 38 Top Gun with 8.2 MAG HO

Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
There just was a thread on an OL getting the last pair of 1075's
I know, but they could have been left-overs from somewhere. The reason I asked is because I have not seen any new Mers 1350's in their boats and they have their own in-house engine department.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
I know, but they could have been left-overs from somewhere. The reason I asked is because I have not seen any new Mers 1350's in their boats and they have their own in-house engine department.
They're coming dont worry........
Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Originalronza
If the ho/ bravo package of 28k IS CORRECT than yes that is the difference
I would like to know where you are getting your info on pricing? Because there is NO WAY that there is only $4k difference between what a boat manufacturer pays for a 502HO/X package and a 525/XR package.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Thnik about it carefully and you can answer this question very easily:
A performance boat builder is going to build and offer a $200K-$300K new boat. He is going to save $8K total using twin 8.2HO's w/Bravo IX drives versus twin HP525EFI's w/Bravo XR's???

No Way, absolutely no way he is going to risk the ultimate sale of that boat for that little savings and any customers who can afford to buy that boat are going to opt down for that little savings!!

As for stock power, I think HP525's have a pretty good reputation as stock power sans the header issues they had in a few boats.

My thoughts on this Cigarette are that obviously Cigarette has a great relationship with Mercury and Mercury wants some more of these 502HO's out in the marketplace and in use to expose performance boaters to this new engine offering and hopefully a lot of new other builder boat buyers would look at Cigarette's reputation and name and say, Yah, I should spec. that engine package in my new boat. So Mercury practically gives the engine packages to Cigarette as an incentive to use them, not because a lot of Cigarette customers are standing in line to order them!

Just a thought.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 12-22-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just look at the spider version of the top gun, that did not last long in the model line up, there whole advertising campain threw the years has been about excess you can't have it both ways.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
A performance boat builder is going to build and offer a $200K-$300K new boat. He is going to save $8K total using twin 8.2HO's w/Bravo IX drives versus twin HP525EFI's w/Bravo XR's???

No Way, absolutely no way he is going to risk the ultimate sale of that boat for that little savings and any customers who can afford to buy that boat are going to opt down for that little savings!!

As for stock power, I think HP525's have a pretty good reputation as stock power sans the header issues they had in a few boats.

My thoughts on this Cigarette are that obviously Cigarette has a great relationship with Mercury and Mercury wants some more of these 502HO's out in the marketplace and in use to expose performance boaters to this new engine offering and hopefully a lot of new other builder boat buyers would look at Cigarette's reputation and name and say, Yah, I should spec. that engine package in my new boat. So Mercury practically gives the engine packages to Cigarette as an incentive to use them, not because a lot of Cigarette customers are standing in line to order them!

Just a thought.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
If I read the thread correctly, this was a customers boat, ie ordered this way by them?

Either way I agree for 300k in a Cig 8k wouldn't be enough savings not to go w/ blue motors.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlj676
If I read the thread correctly, this was a customers boat, ie ordered this way by them?

Either way I agree for 300k in a Cig 8k wouldn't be enough savings not to go w/ blue motors.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar

No Way, absolutely no way he is going to risk the ultimate sale of that boat for that little savings and any customers who can afford to buy that boat are going to opt down for that little savings.
Exactly! Someone has to know the actual cost of the upgrade. I still am betting its about $35k.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Exactly! Someone has to know the actual cost of the upgrade. I still am betting its about $35k.
You are stictly thinking OEM cost of engine packages. You have a bunch of expense in rigging Hi-Perf engines vs. standard pakcages.

Plus if the difference of cost is say $30k we are going to make 30% on the extra $30k which brings it to $39k.

Profit is not a dirty word.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Profit is not a dirty word.
It is to Obama.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.