Like Tree0Likes

Economy is better are boat sales up?

Reply
Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 AM
  #41
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Land O Lakes Fl
Posts: 544
Default

RHR, considering that here in Florida, we started seeing things go to sh!t in 2006 (in Real Estate anyway), I sure hope you're wrong about another 4 years! I went up to Chicago to work in 2007 and found that they seemed to be about 2-years behind Florida regarding the economic conditions of the Real Estate markets. I'm seeing a very weak pulse now, but a pulse non-the-less, so maybe in another year we'll see some kind of signs of a rebound. If not it won't matter to me because I'll be homeless and living in the woods and eating from garbage cans
iamjoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:40 AM
  #42
Registered
 
birdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Batavia Oh.
My Boats: Top Gun
Posts: 4,034
Default

[QUOTE=iamjoe;3573132]

With all of that said, lets not forget that the republicans are responsible for the worst economy in decades. Obama hasn't done everything right, but having a minority in the house severely limits what he can do.
[/QUOT

For what its worth ( Not much because they ALL are crooks} Obama had the house and the Senate for 2 years
Didnr even get a budget out of that crew, much less any jobs
birdog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM
  #43
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Land O Lakes Fl
Posts: 544
Default

[QUOTE=birdog;3573215]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjoe View Post

With all of that said, lets not forget that the republicans are responsible for the worst economy in decades. Obama hasn't done everything right, but having a minority in the house severely limits what he can do.
[/QUOT

For what its worth ( Not much because they ALL are crooks} Obama had the house and the Senate for 2 years
Didnr even get a budget out of that crew, much less any jobs
True, but is it reasonable to expect to be able to change something that took so long to screw up? As for producing jobs, for the first 2 years, the economy was still hemoraging (as it still is in most places). In the end, you're right, they are all crooks................ To be honest, IMO the economy has shown to be a cyclical thing. It always goes up and it always goes down. I don't think it matters who is running things or what anyone trys to do. This economy is the same. It will come back regardless of who is running things
iamjoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:31 PM
  #44
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 3,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32 View Post
Get used to it , this is the new normal !!!!! Forget about how good things used to be , it will never be that way again............

The USA has been ruined ovr the last 60+ years from both parties macking deals for their own good and screwing the public who put them in office . Again this is new normal and to be honest you aint seen nothing yet !!!!
+1 We really need to understand that, but not sure how to change it. Other then throwing all of them out and starting over.

I am working and working long hours but at less GROSS pay the my taxable income was in 1996. Granted I am now back to being a application engineer for a emission monitoring company, not like that is going away, but very little change.

I see posts where people think 8-10 per hour is a fair wage, I made that as a part time maintenance man for an apartment community when I was in high school,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that was more then 30 years ago BTW.

The new normal?
Wildman_grafix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:42 PM
  #45
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Desert Hills, AZ
My Boats: 2007 DCB F-29
Posts: 119
Default

We can fix it by taking the "Profession" out of the Politicians. There needs to be term limits; the benefits they have bestowed upon themselves need to be removed and then we will get politicians that want to do something for their country and not for themselves.
patyacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:05 PM
  #46
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Roswell, Ga
My Boats: Missing my Cigarette
Posts: 975
Default

unemployment numbers that they throw at us are definitely not accurrate, alot of blowing smoke

So true frankenstein, so true
twin screws is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:24 PM
  #47
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Roswell, Ga
My Boats: Missing my Cigarette
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patyacht View Post
We can fix it by taking the "Profession" out of the Politicians. There needs to be term limits; the benefits they have bestowed upon themselves need to be removed and then we will get politicians that want to do something for their country and not for themselves.
Funny how everyone and I mean everyone would agree with what you just said and it is "We The People" it's just getting enough people on board to change the way Washington is run. Everything is in law now to protect them and they really don't care about the people in this country and it won't change because most people don't even know how they are screwing us. It is sickening.
twin screws is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:39 PM
  #48
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Land O Lakes Fl
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin screws View Post
Funny how everyone and I mean everyone would agree with what you just said and it is "We The People" it's just getting enough people on board to change the way Washington is run. Everything is in law now to protect them and they really don't care about the people in this country and it won't change because most people don't even know how they are screwing us. It is sickening.
You are so right: I once was involved in a RE deal in which a long-term congressman was also a participant. This guy had some power as he was the vice chairman of House, Ways and Means.

First, he was a cold-stone drunk who couldn't go anywhere without his drinks. Second, he was as arrogant of a person as I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Third, he simply wasn't a very bright guy. Forth, he wasn't what I would call a decent or "nice" human being. He served for over 30-years.

I went a lot of places with him and did a lot of things. I was introduced to other long-termers; non of which I liked or even though they were worth their weight in poop.

My point is do away with the long-termers and enforce a reasonable term-limit and these guys will no longer run our country. There is a reason that the President has term limits and why we don't do it across the board is beyond me. What we need are some non-lawyers that want to do good for the country regardless of what it does for them personally.

The problem is that a guy like me could never run because I don't have the financial backing or party support to get there. If I did have the money, it would take years for my opinion to matter to the rest of the old dogs. It sucks for sure
iamjoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 PM
  #49
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix View Post
+1 We really need to understand that, but not sure how to change it. Other then throwing all of them out and starting over.
Two words : TERM LIMITS

Now we just have to figure out how to make it happen.
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:42 PM
  #50
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wyandotte, MI
My Boats: 2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax
Posts: 2,451
Default

I work in retail (Internet) sales and I have been down (almost 40%) from where I was last year and the year before that. If anything I'd say people are spending less now than they did last year. I'd would hardly say the economy has turned (or is turning) around.....

Last edited by low_psi; 12-17-2011 at 01:50 PM.
low_psi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.