Economy is better are boat sales up? >

Economy is better are boat sales up?

Notices

Economy is better are boat sales up?

Old 12-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Originalronza
Finally seems like things in the economy are looking up, are new boat sales looking up as well? Sure hope so

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Where do you live?
North Dakota?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Downtown42
North Dakota?
Chicago
Old 12-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chicago
Hard to believe. I grew up in Chicago and have spent the last 30+ years in the development/construction biz (all over the country, not just limited to the Chicago market). I lost my job as Sr. VP of development/construction for a company located in Chicago in 2010 and haven't worked since. I have many many friends who are also in the biz and every one of them are in the process of getting killed or have already been. These people are established successful business people who have survived many other "downturns" but this one has been brutal.

As for a 6.5% unemployment rate, I call BS. No way is it that in Chicago. I spoke with a friend just yeaterday who owns a large HVAC company and he said his guys were down to 3 days a week since August but now he's laying off. He has had work all the way through, but he not making any money doing it. Again, I know people all over and they are all singing the same song.

Thats not to say that there isn't a pulse however. Some stuff has popped up. The problem is that those who still survive are bidding for cost just to stay in biz. They are trading dollars.
Very few are making money. I live in Tampa and I can tell you that there is very little going on here.

Since you have so much work, maybe you could use a guy like me to make the most of it?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:29 AM
Registered

Chicago
See #49 last on list and biggest increase in UE 2010-2011

US Labor Statistics

http://www.bls.gov/web/metro/laulrgch.htm
Old 12-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Registered

Get used to it , this is the new normal !!!!! Forget about how good things used to be , it will never be that way again............

The USA has been ruined ovr the last 60+ years from both parties macking deals for their own good and screwing the public who put them in office . Again this is new normal and to be honest you aint seen nothing yet !!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered

Here In Michigan, we were hit hard due to the automotive industry. Last year i was working for pennies, and had 5 buddies that were laid off. the company i work for had to borrow money for the last two years to say afloat. This year however, our fiscal year ended in Oct. The company profited well over a couple million. I have been working 64 hrs a week since May. I also and back to getting an hourly rate that i think is fair. All of my buddies are back to work, doing close to the same hours i am working. Hell, i even have to work the holiday weekend accept Xmas day. We hired 2 more machinists and 1 programer this year. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find someone who was actually good. Needless to say, i cant speak for the rest of the world but around these parts, I see a huge turn around. The problem is, some people are waiting for companies to pay out the nose for wages and the housing market to be back were it was in y2k. It just is not going to happen for a long long time. As for boat sales, the last i heard from my buddy who is a broker. He stayed busy through the whole recession, the only difference was that the boats were not being sold here. He was selling and shipping everything overseas. Apparently the money exchange made it cheaper for them to buy boats here than in there own country.

Last edited by only1adrian; 12-17-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

RON PAUL 2012

Maybe , just maybe our great grand children will have it better !
Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Banned

Unemployment numbers were said on the local news. I'm just optimistic that at least a few things have opened up. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers but just seeing some positive signs, our jobs are here in the Midwest area
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Reminds me of that guy from Puducah KY who back in 2007/08 insisted that the economy was humming and that the slowdown was just a big media conspiracy to make Bush look bad. He was an accountant and ALL his customers were just dong gangbusters according to him. He went from living on here to just fading away after the crash. Haven't seen him post in years.

You from Paducah?
LMAO, that HAS to be Dean(followed by 5 or 6 numbers) I remember that guy spouting off regularly then he dropped off the grid.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:00 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

EVERYBODY with brains knows the Democrats control Chicago news, and nobody in politics in Chicago tells the truth anyways,, the drop in UE numbers this month is because of expiration of benefits last month as pointed out before.... HUGE roller coaster here in So Fla, i'm paying Christmas bonuses this year from my personal savings account, did that the last two years as well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.