Twins or a single-which would u want?

Notices

Twins or a single-which would u want?

Old 12-26-2011, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by audacity
it is true! competitive V single engine boats are over 30' these days. twin v's are about 40'....OLD SV with 750's have no chance against a modern day SV with 525's! old super cats same story...now SCL 525's r racing at 120's! triple OB cats of that era would get beat down by a new twin x-cat!
I do not disagree with this post at all, but your prior post was some straight-up bullsh*t.

Happy Holidays, I am outta here.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Originalronza
The boat ran 110mph with 390hp sb's in powerboat tests, the ilmor weighs less than the scorpions, the doug wright ran into the. 130's with mercury 600's. I see a lot of specter 32's and eliminators, and dcb in that size that run very well
so a smaller boat with nearly 800hp runs slower than a larger better handling DW or skater boat does with less than 600. i'm missing something i think
Old 12-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

so a smaller boat with nearly 800hp runs slower than a larger better handling DW or skater boat does with less than 600. i'm missing something i think
I don't understand your negativity, the predator is a great boat that I'm looking forward to. It will be a great boa t with the ilmors, if I wanted a skater or dw I would buy them, I just like the looks of the. 306 and how ir performs. By the way what cat and cat experience do you have?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

By the way what cat and cat experience do you have?
Ruh- Row !!!! LOL

Old 12-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

i have raced and won in just about every apba premier class over the past 15 years from a 250 hp single to a 4500hp turbine monsters. set records. inducted into the apba hall of fame and currently hold the fastest race recored speed in a offshore cat at 197 which was 193 which i also set. the boats i have set up and rig...win....was the technology editor of a boat magazine...spent way too much time at donzi, lake-x, skater and places all over the world trying to make something better....20+ years in powertrain engineering development and testing for ford motor, lotus, and a few others. i currently consult on boat and yachts around the world. currently under contract now. i am one of the few people that can engineer a part, build it, and then race it at a world class level...prior to racing boats i was a top 10 professional GP racer....seemingly i've managed to make a living racing for the past 25 years.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,063 Likes on 280 Posts

Whats your name?
Weve built plenty of 32 Skaters, some with eggbeaters some with big blocks and number 6 drives.....ones running over 170mph...i dont see any outboards going that fast
Congrats on all the accomplishments, hell of a record!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

i have raced and won in just about every apba premier class over the past 15 years from a 250 hp single to a 4500hp turbine monsters. set records. inducted into the apba hall of fame and currently hold the fastest race recored speed in a offshore cat at 197 which was 193 which i also set. the boats i have set up and rig...win.....
I'm a new member here like Ronza and don't know the history of many members.
Congrats on your achievements.
I'd feel certain that had he seen this as your signature he'd of never addressed your knowledge. With all his questions it's obvious he loves the toy he's having constructed and wants the best.
I wish him the best as he'll be tossing out a lot more coin than I did getting into the sport.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Whats your name?
Weve built plenty of 32 Skaters, some with eggbeaters some with big blocks and number 6 drives.....ones running over 170mph...i dont see any outboards going that fast
Congrats on all the accomplishments, hell of a record!
How do your 32' big block boats perform, are they too much weight on the boat with the 6's. Would you recommend the bbc in this size cat. Wanting to use ilmors and arnesons on mine, do you think this setup will work ok
Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

from powerboat pro mag/site:
"April 25th 2010
JBS Racing headed West for the first time to see what the 50′ turbine powered Mystic could do. Jeff Stevenson and Joe Skrocki blew the competition out of the water with the highest speeds Lake Havasu has ever seen. Shoot out speed was 178 MPH for the Top Gun award and an unofficial speed of 206,8 MPH! JBS Racing then set another speed record during a race of 197,3 MPH. We would like to thank Turbine Marine, Mystic Powerboats and Super Trucks for making it possible for JBS Racing to be crowned “King of the Desert”"

been on plenty of small over powered cats! i dig the acceleration but they make for crap handling boats in open water. i like offshore water! there's a big difference from peter's (skater) old 30' design to his current let alone the current 32' he makes. each of his boats are Engineered for the application. he's not going to ship a 30' o/b hull for bbc to be installed in it!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,063 Likes on 280 Posts

How do your 32' big block boats perform, are they too much weight on the boat with the 6's. Would you recommend the bbc in this size cat. Wanting to use ilmors and arnesons on mine, do you think this setup will work ok
We put the motors as far forward as you can get them, and they fly level and handle great. Yes. Big blocks are the way to go in a 32 Skater. Im sure the Illmore/Arneson will run great too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.